18

As Christmas drew near the excitement in Grimmauld Place was thick with anticipation. Sirius and Remus seemed to have gone all out and the whole house was decorated with Christmas that it looked like someone vomit up the whole winter wonderland on the house. But it didn't seem to bother anyone since it brighten everyone's mood. Luna was back to normal (well normal for Luna) and was humming Christmas tunes she had heard Hermione sing during the day. The little blond had gone to Hermione's home and spent time with the Grangers and learned many Christmas tunes and seemed to have gotten addicted to them.

She was currently humming 'All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth' as she walked along playing with the garland that was strung about.

"Hey Luna" Harry greeted.

"Hello Harry, do you know that you have mistletoe hanging over your head?" Luna said smiling.

"Huh" Harry said then looked up.

Harry then waved his wand and it disappeared only for it to reappear a second later.

"Sirius keeps tagging me with mistletoe and it won't go away until I kiss Hermione" Harry muttered.

"And that's bad why?" Luna asked curiously.

Because he never stops" Harry said with a bit of a whine in his voice.

Luna looked perplexed at this since she knew that Harry liked kissing Hermione so why was he annoyed by Sirius' little ploy.

"Okay, anyway I still need a gift for Neville. Can you help me?" Luna asked.

"Sure" Harry said.

Harry and Luna went into the den and discussed what to get Neville.

/Scene Break/

Christmas Eve and Sirius was in full Christmas spirit. He was decked out like one of Santa's helpers with a bell on the end of his cap and bells on the end of his boots. They jingled and jangled every time he moved, which he did frequently much to everyone's dismay.

"Sirius, you will you stop that or I'll hex you" Hermione said with a growl.

"But Mione, it's Christmas" Sirius said cheerfully.

Hermione sighed and rested her head onto her hands.

Harry felt for his girlfriend and wrapped an arm around her.

Luna however was enjoying the noise and did what she could to keep Sirius moving. She even got into firing hexes at the marauder's feet to make him dance. This caused everyone to laugh at the dancing oversize elf.

"Very funny guys" Sirius said with a grumble as he continued to dance.

"Ah come on Sirius, it's Christmas" Hermione said teasingly.

Sirius pouted, but that made everyone laugh louder.

/Scene Break/

The rest of the holiday season went well with a great Christmas Day followed by a very pleasant New Years. It seemed that Voldemort had taken the holiday off, but the others felt like he was planning something big. Soon it was time to return to Hogwarts and with final hugs and kisses they boarded the train.

Harry, Hermione, Susan, Neville, Luna, and Daphne were all in the same compartment and were chatting about the new term. Susan was groused a bit about not having a boyfriend. But the good feeling soon ended when their compartment door opened.

"Well if it isn't Potty and his group of rejects" Malfoy sneered.

It seemed that Malfoy was fully healed and was arrogant as ever.