Chapter 1

(Nathan POV)

John and I are walking from our house to Wellston. It's the first day of school and John is beyond nervous. 

"Just relax John, everything will be fine."

"How can you say that everything will be fine. I just know people will ask me what my ability is." John says.

"Just tell them what your ability is."

John turns and gives me the most unamused look I've ever seen him give. 

"John, we talked about this last night. You can't keep hiding from your ability and lying. It will only end badly for you."

"If I tell them about it, they will want to challenge me. I will be forced to fight them. Nothing will change."

"Well once people find out that you are stronger, they will leave you alone."

"But I won't be able to stop myself, and plus, I don't want to be king again."

"You don't have to be King John. When it comes to powerful high tiers, people will always try and force ideals, responsibilities, and expectations on them. But that doesn't mean we have to listen to them."

"Still, that doesn't mean shit. What if I lose control?"

"You won't, I'll make sure of it." 

"What if you can't. What if I'm stronger than you."

"I don't know about that John. We've never fought but I can guarantee I'm stronger than you."

John smiled at me. "Thank you, Nat. Thank you for staying with me."

"No problem, but if you truly can't tell people what your ability is, just do what we practiced." I said as we entered the gates of Wellston High School. 

Wellston was huge, John and I had a hard time finding which room our class was in. After spending ten minutes of that period, we finally found our classroom. I opened to door to our classroom and was immediately greeted by everyone looking at us.

"You're ten minutes late."

"Sorry," I say with a shy smile. "It's a big school so we got a little lost."

"That's okay. It's your first day so I'll give you an excuse." As we walked into the classroom the teacher turned to the rest of the students. "Everyone, I know it's a bit late in the year but we have two new students joining us." She turned to me and John. "Please introduce yourselves."

I turned to face the class. "Hi everyone, my name is Nathan. I look forward to meeting all of you." I finished and now it was John's turn.

"Hello everyone, my name is John. I also look forward to meeting all of you and I hope we can get along."

John and I sat at our desks and the rest was history. NVM, this class was not history. I mean who needs English in the first place, we already speak the language. I mean I already know all of this stuff so I kinda just dozed. "Well, this year will be very easy to ace." The class went by very slowly but we finally made it to the end. 

Once the bell rang, John and I got our stuff ready and were about to head to math class when it finally happened. A girl with long cyan hair, bangs, and light green eyes made her way to me and John. She spoke to John first.

"Hi John," She said. "I'm Elaine. Welcome to Wellston."

I stare at the girl talking to my brother. He doesn't notice it, but I do. This girl, her smile is too realistic, too forced. "She's fake."

"How's your first day so far?"

John hesitated. "Not bad, I guess..."

"Wonderful," Elaine said. "So which school did you transfer from?" "God she's so fake." I think to myself.