Chapter 2

(Nathan POV)

"Finally," I sighed as the bell rang throughout the school. "Lunch break." I quickly make my way through the halls of Wellston and head to the cafeteria. John joins me midway and we talk. 

"How long do we have to keep this act up for?"

"However long it takes you to get used to using your ability."

"Okay."

I stare at John. "I know what you're thinking. You think that it's all your fault."

"Look, you are the one who didn't want the school to find out we were brothers. But if you want to, we can still start over. And John, it is not your fault."

"It's fine, let's keep this act up for as long as we can."

We walk through the halls of the school. I catch a few people quickly glancing at every now and then but nothing that suspicious. I walk through the doors of the cafe and soon John follows. I go through the line for food and look for a place to sit. More and more people notice me, they really think that I can't hear them gossiping.

"He's the one, the kid with white hair."

"He's the cocky guy who said he could beat anyone who challenges him."

"Word travels quickly here. Guess I have to be very careful about what and where I talk. And that-" I am pulled from my thought by a question from John.

"Where do we sit?"

I scan the area and quickly find a table suitable. One of my passives, yes I have more than one passive, is that I can see the aura channel of any person. I am then able to deduce the power levels of any individuals. I then spot a table filled with low-tiers and... the heck.

"Follow me John." I say and walk over to the table.

There are four people sitting at the table, one girl and three boys. The girl her short pink hair and pink eyes. Based on the size of her aura channel, she was a low tier. However, I don't think she has ever tried to train her ability because she has some serious potential. The guy sitting to her left had blue hair and yellow eyes. He was also a low tier by the look of things. The guy on her right had yellow hair and hazel red eyes. Also a low tier. 

But then there was the guy next to him. He had brown hair and green eyes. He looked normal but I knew otherwise. I looked at the size of his aura channel and it was clear to me that he was an elite. "What the hell is an elite doing with a bunch of low tiers?" I ask myself as we walk toward them.

"Hi," I say to them. "Do you mind if we sit here?"

"... Not at all." The girl with pink hair said. She was very tense, and so were all the people at the table to be honest. "My name is Evie."

"Nice to meet you Evie," I say as John and I sit down. "My name is Nathan."

"Nice to meet you too Nathan. These are my friends, Roland, Dylan, and Terrence."

"Hello." "Hi"

"What's your name?" She asks, looking at my bother. 

"My name is John."

"So are you guys new here?" Evie asks shyly. "I've never seen you guys around."