Chapter 19

(John's POV)

I stare at the mess in front of us. The four random strangers the somehow know Nat are all glaring at us, ready to kill. Danmit, even with both of us and Nat's other abilities, we still can't beat them. The moment Nat stops using his power on Diana, we will die. Shit!

I try to think of a way out of this desperate situation... then I feel it. Mixing in with Nat's already distorted aura, a third new power emerges. I stare at him and I know he can feel it. What the hell have you been hiding from me?

Nat grabs the back of my head and whispers, "I need you to close your eyes. If you open them, then you will also be affected." I nod. "John, I also need you to cover your ears." Hesitantly, I close my eyes and place my hands on the sides of my face, blocking out as much sound as I could. I trust you Nat, but you really need to explain what the fuck is going on.

(Nathan's POV)

John nods at me. Another color soon accompanies the white, blue, and violet glow in my eyes. I push myself to my limits and force myself to rip my channels open, allowing myself to use multiple auras at once, even though not all of my channels have been opened. I grit my teeth in pain as the surge of new aura threatens to make me pass out. But I need to do this.

A flash of green light can now be seen in the glow of my eyes. I watch Diana's eyes widen. I know she knows what I had just done.

"Everyone close your eyes!" Diana yelled, trying to warn the rest. They all want to listen to her, but I won't let them.

"Keep them open," I slowly command, letting the power and aura in my voice wash over them.  The violet glow shone over the rest of the colors for just a moment. 

Diana looks at me in a panic before her eyes start to glow green. I stare I them, my former friends, maybe even family at some point, but I don't care anymore. They tried to hurt me, they tried to hurt my brother. Everything they get now is what they deserve. For a moment, I stay silent, then I let them hear my voice.

(Diana's POV)

Shit, he's opened channel 3. My mind races. I need to think, what can I do to stop him? He will most likely use that combination on us. How can I stop him? My brain freezes. But do I need to?

Nat and his brother disappear, so do all of my teammates. Darkness covers me and my vision starts to blur. Shit, I can't stay awake.

"Forget this ever happened"

Nathan's voice?  

"You followed your orders, but I took you all down the moment you entered my home. I didn't open any channels and defeated you all with the help of my brother. This is all that happened, all that you remember, and all that you will say."

Memorise of tonight started to disappear. I try to fight it, but I can feel the memories fading, vanishing into smoke. Taking John, the encounter with Nathan, and the entire fight in the building. Images of new memories started to pop into my mind, showing me the story that Nathan had told.