Chapter 4

(Blyke's POV)

ring ring ring

"Ugh, not now." I think as I shove my pillow over my head. "Give me five more minutes."

ring ring ring

I stick my hand out in the direction of the alarm and shoot a red beam its way. "Finally, peace and quiet."

ring ring ring

"Fine."

Time skip cause I'm lazy.

As I walked through the halls of Wellston, I can immediately tell something's wrong. People keep whispering as I walk past. I mean don't get me wrong, people already whisper when I walk past them just because I'm a royal, but today was different. There were way more people talking. I was only able to pick up a few words, but from what I gathered, something happened. 

I spot Isen walking down the halls. If anyone would know anything about it, it would be Isen. He loves his gossip. I run over to him. "Isen!"

"Ahh!" Isen turns around and freezes. "Thank god it was just you."

"What the hell happened, and why are you so jumpy today?"

"What do you mean? And I'm not that jumpy."

"You know what I mean. Students seem more gossipy today than before. They keep talking about the same thing. These are the words that I hear the most. 'Nathan, Zeke, and fight. Did Zeke get into another fight? And who did he fight if it made its way around the whole school? Don't tell me he challenged you to a rank battle. and who is Nathan."

Isen raised his eyebrow. "Dude, did you die or something. Where have you been for the past 24 hours."

I roll my eyes at him, unamused. "Just tell me what happened."

"Well, Zeke did get into another fight. The guy he fought was Nathan. And as for who Nathan is, he's the guy who transferred into our year yesterday. He introduced himself in class. Were you not paying attention."

"I wasn't, but so do you sometimes. Anyways, that's not the point. If he challenged the new kid, why is the whole school so talkative about it?"

"It's because he lost, Nathan beat him."

"Do you know what his ability is or what level-"

"No, I don't. If you had paid attention yesterday you would have heard what he said. He didn't say anything about his ability but he mentioned that no matter who challenged him, he would beat them. Most people didn't believe him but after he beat Zeke, you can tell that people are on edge right now."

"So the new kids that powerful huh."

"Exactly, that's why I'm so 'jumpy' today. I'm the next person ranked after Zeke. I mean, what if Nathan targets me."

"From what you said, he didn't attack Zeke. He was just defending himself."

"I know but still. What if-"