Chapter 6

(3rd Person POV)

John walks towards the table his new friends are sitting at. As he walks, he stares at his brother getting dragged out of the room by Arlo. He stands in front of the table and looks at the bewildered faces of his classmates.

"What happened?" John asked them.

"You just missed a proposal, John." Dylan laughed.

"What?"

"Yeah." John turns to face Roland. "Please remember us when you're seated high over society. After all, the King of Wellston will be your brother-in-law."

"Haha very funny." John sighs as the laughter ensues at the table in front of him He goes to sit down but before he can, a voice rains from behind him.

"Hey! I want that cake of yours! Give it to me!"

(Sera's POV)

"Hey! I want that cake of yours! Give it to me!" I order him. I look at the faces of the low-tiers behind him, they have faces of pure terror.

The boy pauses. "No way!"

The three behind him stare at him with disbelief. That he would challenge me. Still, he continues with his speech.

"Look, I don't care if you're Queen, King, Ace, or whatever."

"Ace," I think to myself. "What is that?"

"This cake belongs to me, so back off. Go get your own!"

"This boy," I stare at him. "Black hair, gold eyes, he must be Nathan's friend John. They both have the same 'I don't give a fuck' attitude."

I activate my ability and hold my have out. "Don't make me repeat myself."

John flinches but still holds onto the cake. I stare at him, trying to get him to give in to the pressure. He sighs and shakily hands the plate over to me.

He drops the plate.

"Oops."

I stare at the plate on the floor. My hand still outstretched. The students start whispering around me... I hear every word.

"Oh, what's going on over there?"

"Looks like a standoff between Seraphina and Nathan's friend."

"I think she just got outsmarted by him."

"What? She lost to him? No way, but she's Seraphina?"

"What's she gonna do now?"

"She can't just let him get away with that!"

"That guy is totally going to get what he deserves."

Anger floods my mind as the words everyone is speaking blurs from my reality. "You!" I freeze time for just a second. I send a punch his way, sending him to the wall. I walk up to him. 

"You're nothing. You're so far below me."

I kneel down in front of him so I can get a better angle.

"You don't get to stand up to me!"

I grab the tie around his neck. He's already unconscious and bleeding heavily from his head and other various places. I don't care.