The Burrito of Shame (Fairy Tail)

• इन्हें समर्पित: Lost_Clause

A/N: This one shot is actually based off a fanart that I found on Tumblr. It was cute and hilarious and if you want to check it out, just search it up, the artist's name is N-a-d-h-i-e on Tumblr. Enjoy!

*****************

The Burrito of Shame

Magnolia was bursting with commotion as everyone went on with their daily lives. Lucy Heartfilia walked over on the ledge by the port, balancing herself as she walked. She had just finished a job, exhausted out of her mind but the reward that she received left her more than satisfied.

"Be careful, Lucy-chan!" the sailor hollered from the boat on the water.

"Yeah, don't worry!" she hollered back as usual.

I wonder what Natsu made for dinner, Lucy thought as she reached their house. It's been three years since Nashi was born and she was still wary about leaving her with him alone. Then again, there was his thirteen year old goddaughter Meena to keep him in check. She knew that he was capable of taking care of Meena and Nashi but cooking was not one of Natsu's strengths.

When she reached the cottage, she dug into her purse and with a sigh, she opened the door with the keys.

What she saw next was unexpected, even by Lucy's standards.

"Guys, I'm ho-" Lucy stood at the doorway of their living room, staring blankly at three people wrapped in blankets like a burrito. The smallest one turned around at her voice. She smiled as she waved at her. "Nashi?"

Nashi Dragneel started to stand up but would have fallen if the burrito in the middle hadn't caught her and sat her down, with her back turned towards Lucy. That's when Lucy realized that the person was Natsu and on his right was Meena.

"Dad, this is stupidity at its finest," Meena Randall groaned. "Just tell Luce what happened."

Lucy heard Natsu grumble something about burning and that's when it all became clear as glass. She sighed as she asked him, "Natsu, did you burn the dinner again?"

Natsu's blanket covered head nodded in response.

"And you were too ashamed to go out and get something for the girls, weren't you?"

Natsu nodded again. This time, Meena turned around and with her eyes, pleaded Lucy to do something before Natsu did the same thing he did with Nashi. Lucy internally groaned as she wished that Natsu would suck up his pride and admit that he can't cook but with the current situation, even she knew that was not going to be possible.

Well, thought Lucy, if you can't knock some sense into them, might as well join them.

She saw a small opening in Natsu's blanket and proceeded to snuggle in with him.

Meena immediately roared as Nashi jumped at the sound of Meena laughing, giving her a rather confused, if not concerned look. "Luce, this is so like you."

"What else am I supposed to do?" Lucy asked as she gave Natsu a peck on the cheek. "I got an idiot for an husband but I love him anyway."

She felt Natsu's arms wrap around her as Lucy put her head onto his shoulder, smiling. "Now, can we please get something for the kids?"

Natsu pouted. "But-"

"No buts," Lucy replied, softly but sternly. "It's near bedtime for Nashi-"

"I'll take care of dinner for Nashi and me, Luce," said Meena, who was standing in front of them with a red strapless dress and a tuxedo in her right hand. "Aren't the both of you forgetting something?"

"What?" Lucy and Natsu said together in a confused tone as they stood up to Meena's height.

Meena raised an eyebrow, her color changing eyes (same shade of brown as Lucy for some reason) staring at her with an amused smile. "Wow. Have the both of you seriously forgotten about your three year anniversary?"

Both of their eyes bulged out in realization. Today was our anniversary?! With the constant jobs she's been doing for the past two weeks, she completely forgot about the date, let alone getting Natsu a present. She was so screwed.

Meanwhile, Nastu had already grabbed the tux out of Meena's hands, rubbed her head and dashed into their bedroom. Meena rolled her eyes as she dragged a stunned Lucy into hers.

******************

A/N: I'm planing on writing a second part to this (mainly involving Meena, Nashi, Azuka and Mizu) so keep your eyes peeled! :D

Mysterious Fates One Shots (1st Place in the FT Wattys 2015 for Best One Shot!)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें