Anniversary Spies (Fairy Tail)

Anniversary Spies

"There. How's that, Luce?"

Meena had put up Lucy's hair into a intricate bun with a bunch of flower pins in her. It looked more elegant by the minute.

"Yeah, that looks beautiful, Meena," said Lucy as she curled one of the two bangs that were hanging off at each side of her face.

"Meena-nee, I'm getting hungry," moaned Nashi, who was sitting on Meena's bed.

"Now, be patient, Nashi," said Meena with a laugh. "You're just like Dad sometimes."

"You sure the both of you will be alright?" Lucy asked worriedly.

Meena sighed. "Nashi is pretty easy to figure out, Luce. Now go and knock Dad's socks off."

"Oh alright. Be good, the both of you." Lucy kissed Meena's forehead, then Nashi's and walked out the door, blushing as she smiled. As soon as Lucy walked out, Meena quickly grabbed Nashi and pulled her to the door, putting a finger to her lips as she opened the door enough to see Lucy and their Dad standing awkwardly at the entrance of the house.

"What are you doing, Meena-nee?" Nashi whispered, peeking through the door.

"You ready to go?" said Natsu as he held out his hand.

"Yeah," Lucy answered. "Have any idea where Meena planned to make us go?"

Natsu looked at the paper that Meena put in the pocket of his tuxedo. His eyes widened as soon as he opened it up. "M-Meena..."

"Dad looks shocked," commented Nashi, glancing up at Meena. "What did you give him?"

Meena smirked, her eyes glowing emerald with confidence. "Mizu and I got quite a handsome reward from a few of our jobs last week. We both split it up and reserved a few seats for our parents at a really good seafood restaurant."

"So Gray and Juvia will be there as well?"

Meena nodded as the realization of the fact that they put Natsu and Gray in the same restaurant struck her like a ton of bricks. Oh shit, what have we done?

The minute Natsu and Lucy walked out of the house, Meena dashed across the living room and grabbed her mini lacrima communicator. Pushing a face with blue hair and black eyes on the lacrima, Meena then put it to her ear and literally yelled, "Oi, Mizu! We have a problem!"

"First off," Mizushi Fullbuster replied on the other end. "Ow, you nearly blew my ear off!"

"Sorry," Meena said apologetically.

"It's alright. Second, you realized that we put our dads in the same bloody restaurant as well, right?"

"Why do you think I'm calling, you twat?! What are we going to do?"

"Spy on them?"

Meena paused. That wasn't such a bad idea. They had enough money from last week for four people so dinner would be served for Nashi as well.

"Only one problem, Mizu. What if they catch us? And plus, Luce and your mum are the sensible ones out of-" A dial tone sounded off. "Er - Hello?"

Someone suddenly knocked on the door, prompting Meena to jump in shock. She motioned Nashi to open the door, which turned out to be a girl with her braided black hair tucked inside a straw hat, pulling a younger girl into the house.

"A-Azuka...." Meena stammered.

"You called?" said Azuka Connell. Glancing down the blue haired girl behind her, she added, "Juvia and Gray forced me to babysit Mizu. So what's going on?"