Falling asleep next to Damslette (Damslette x reader)

Artist^ @/mishooku (twitter)

~~~

Y/N has terrible insomnia. To the point where they can't sleep for a week. It has been getting worse over the past few years. The whole Fatui knows about their sleeping disorder and try to stay clear of them cause a week without sleep is going to make you angry at some point. 

Though any kind of relationship with other Fatui is forbidden in fear of interrupting the persons work, Damslette has a special pass. She knew that you always loved her voice. So she somehow made a deal that no one else knows about to the Tsaritsa. When she knows you aren't able to sleep she likes to go into your room and you both will talk till you were feeling somewhat tired. At that point Damslette would hum a little lullaby to help you go to sleep. It always works.

~~~

So there you are, doing paper work after paper work because of your disorder. A little knock could be heard from your door. 

"Come in." You said loud enough for the person outside to hear, but not to loud to wake the others.

"I figured... Come on, let's get you to bed." Damslette stated in her softest voice so only you could hear. 

"You've been doing this for awhile now.. Are you sure you want to sacrifice your own sleep just for me?" 

"Look Y/N, you need more sleep than I do. And only I know how to make you fall asleep so shush and just come on." 

A tired sigh left your mouth as you stood up to go to bed. Damslette was already waiting in her usual spot. Every now and then patting your spot for you to come over. 

You finally made it to your bed and you climbed in and got under the covers laying your head on Damslette's shoulder. 

"Why do you do this Damslette?"

"You need sleep."

"There has to be other reasons.."

"Well lets see.. 1. you need sleep 2. your tired 3. when your tired your grumpy"

"Fair enough"

The silence was comfortable. Your eye lids started to feel heavy, but you just couldn't sleep. She took quick noticed and started humming your favorite song. It was nice. Damslette wrapping her arms around your body so you couldn't run away like you did the first few times she did this. 

"Damslette.. I can't sleep."

"I know, which is why I'll hum to you like I always do."

"But it isn't working.."

Damslette opened her eyes and indeed saw that you weren't falling asleep as quick as you used to. She knew it was against the rules, but Tsaritsa said anything to make you fall asleep would work. You were one of the strongest harbingers after all.

So after a little thought, Damslette pulled you in closer and hugged you. Your face was against her chest. You tried backing away because you were embarrassed and you also knew it was against the rules but everytime you tried she would pull you in closer.

"Just relax Y/N. You're safe with me." And with that she started to hum again while slowly petting your head to get you to calm down. You started to feel tired again.

"Hey Damslette..?"

"Hm?"

"I love you.." You said at a barely audible whisper. But Damslette hears everything, everything. So she of course heard that. 

"I love you too Y/N. Now get to sleep before you start waking up again." Kissing you on your head as a sign to sleep. 

"Goodnight Damslette."

"Goodnight Y/N."