Don't ask questions (Captino x Reader)

Requested by @Aliceurboi

~~~

In a world where a spy from Fontaine bypasses all the Fatui, except one.

~~~

The clock stroked midnight. The halls were empty. This is my chance, my chance to get in and gather information. I quietly opened up a window that was in the dark. Climbing through without any noise. I closed the window I just came through and swiftly started to walk around. 

There were some night shift workers roaming the halls. Some in pairs of two, some by themselves. I quickly took the only chance I got and went for someone who was only walking around by themself. In a swift motion I knocked them out. I'd rather kill someone, but they aren't the one I need. I took them into an empty storage room and changed into their clothing. This is much better. 

I took out a map that showed me the whole layout of this castle like building. Looks like I'll have to go up a few stories. I closed the map and cracked the door a little to see if anyone was roaming out right now. Coast is clear. I opened the door more and stepped making sure to close it behind me. The hinges of the door seemed to almost squeak the slower I go, so I quickened the process. I turned around and look down each hallway that was beside me. I started walking towards the steps that were down each of the halls.

I reached the steps and started to go up them, making sure not a noise could be heard from my steps. Fatui members passed by, not a single one of them noticing that I'm not who I'm supposed to be. This uniforms are like masquerades, pretending to be one you're not. I'm sure people here have loving family's and they only joined from being threatened. I'm here to put an end to all this. 

Finally after reaching the room I needed to be in, I looked around to see if anyone was there. Not a single life was nearby. I looked back and started to unlock the door.

"I don't remember you being on the Fatui list. Suppose, what are you doing?"

My body tensed up from the voice. A male, maybe a few inches taller than me. 

"I'm waiting on an answer, spy."

I didn't even hear his footsteps. How and when did he get here? I checked and nobody was nearby.. How?

I cleared my throat and looked behind me. There he was, a Harbinger. Number 4 of the 11: Captino, also known as the Captain. I've heard plenty of good and bad things about him.

His expressionless face came closer to mine.

"You're a spy from Fontaine I assume. From your eye color to the way you were able to sneak around so easily. So what brings you here today, in the Snezhnaya castle?"

I opened my mouth to speak when another voice was heard. 

"What are you doing out this late, Captain~"

A seductive voice came from behind him. He turned around and looked at who was the owner of the voice. This is my chance to get away. I used my vision and disappeared within a second. He looked back and saw that I was gone. A deep sigh leaving his mouth. 

"What do you want, Rosalina." 

Her name sounded like poison to his tongue.

"Woah, someone's angry." Chuckling to herself. "I just want to know what you're doing out so late and why you're at that room out of all the thousand of others."

"That is none of your concern. Now if you may, please leave."

"Fine fine. Just make sure the Tsaritsa doesn't find out. Goodnight Captain~"

He let out a sigh. A sigh one has when they hold their breath for too long.

"Now, answer me." He said looking in my direction.

"I'm impressed, Captaino. You really do have a keen sense like everyone says. Finding out I'm a spy, knowing where I came from, and most importantly knowing where I am at all times. Why don't you ease up a bit. It's not like she'll come around again."

Walking towards him I began to unveil myself. 

" You're avoiding my original question."

"Alright alright.. I'm here because I want to try and put a stop to all this. Taking innocent peoples lives, making people go into poverty, and taking them away from their families. They don't deserve any of that, you do. You all do. How is it fair for you to do unspeakable things and not get any consequences, hm? But yet when someone steals one bread from the market to feed their children, they get put on the spot. So why.."

"Well good thing life isn't fair."

And with that he tried to fight. I swiftly dodged his punch and looked back at him.

"Guess she was right, you're a little angry right now." Chuckling to myself. 

"Don't bring her up in a conversation she wasn't even part of. This is about you, and you only." Throwing another punch my way.

"Oh? And why is that? Don't tell me you have a little crush on her~"

"I could care less about her. You're the one in the conversation, not her. There is no reason why her name should be brought up."

"Is that so?" 

Dodging another punch from him, this time it hit the wall behind me leaving a small hole. I looked back at him and was about to speak another thing before he grabbed one of my hands and pinned me against the wall.

"It is so." His voice in a low whisper said. His breath breathing into my ear. "Now I suggested you leave before anything else were to happen." 

He let go of my hand and tidied himself up. I looked at my hand he took and a small imprint was left from where he held it. He looked back at me and I looked back at him. His once expressionless face now showing angry and resentment. Though behind those emotions a soft expression could be seen. 

"What are you staring at spy.

"Nothing. And I have a name you know."

"I'm sure you do, but I don't think a smart enough spy like you would really reveal something so secretive about yourself. Think about what I could do with it.."

"You're right, but I know you won't."

"And how would you know that?"

"Just don't ask questions."

"What is that supposed to mean, Y/N."

"You'll see for yourself."

And with that I swiftly left the castle like building, but not before gathering a few information.

It was nice to see you too, Captain..