Mad man (Dottore x Reader)

Artist^ @/soo5002 (twitter)

~~~

In which Y/N is a mad scientist who gets a job at the fatui not knowing their job was already taken.

 ~~~ 

You woke up earlier than usual. Why? Because it was your first day at your new job. New jobs are quite tiring but this one was special. The Tsaritsa herself asked you to come out as a mad scientist and work with her. No one in the whole of Teyvat ever gets recruited like that in a lifetime! So this was indeed a special job that only you could know about. 

Once you arrived at the Fatui headquarters, you made your way to the main room where the Tsaritsa usually is. The cold and quiet hallways were dark and gloomy while you walked through. You stopped at the double doors and started to think this was a bad idea. You were about to turn around to leave when the doors opened from the inside. Out came a dude with blue long hair and a mask covering his eyes. It kinda reminded you of a bird. 

"Why hello there.."

"Oh uh hello.." It was awkward to say the least. You walked past him after the awkward conversation and headed into the room. 

"Yn. I've been expecting you. About that job offer.. you see, before you could actually come in, Dottore and I had a lovely conversation about the job. You will be working with him."

You were a bit in shock. You always worked alone but now you have to work with someone else? And who is Dottore?

"Oh, it's you." A bland voice said from behind

"What do you mean 'it's you?'" 

"Well you don't look like you do that crazy science stuff you know. You look to pretty for your own good."

"Thanks buddy. Well thank you Tsaritsa for the job offer, but there is no way I'm working with this moron."

"I wouldn't underestimate Dottore, he is quite the smart one." You wanted to believe her but you couldn't. There was no way you were going to be working with him. 

"Looks like you have to work with me sweet pea unless you want to refuse a job offer by the Archon herself and one that has such better pay than the ones out there." This guy knew how to dig under your skin. You didn't have much money so taking a job by the Tsaritsa herself was the best option you got unless you wanted to work extra the amount of hours as a chef. You let out an exasperated sigh. You didn't want to work with him at all. He seemed like a total unresponsive birdbrain.

"Fine. Lead the way birdbrain."

"Who did you just call birdbrain?"

"You. You're the only one here."

"I am not a birdbrain you village idiot!"

"Well you act like one!"

"I have a feeling they are going to get along quite well.." The Tsaritsa said with a sigh.

~~~

"Don't touch anything on this side."

"Why not?"

"Because you can get hurt. Last thing I need is the village idiot to mess up my creations."

This dude was really full of himself. You kind of wanted to piss him off. So in doing so you went to his side and looked behind his shoulder to see what his doing. He was creating some type of poison? You weren't so sure. A little poof of smoke would come out of the bottle every once and awhile and you would both slightly move back a bit to get out of the cloud of smoke. 

"Could you stop watching me now.. You're creeping me out.. And don't you have work to do?"

"I don't know. The Tsaritsa didn't give me anything to do so I just assumed you would give me something to work on."