The death of a Harbinger (Pulcinella x Reader)

(Ok despite what the chapter is named, this will be a Pulcinella x Reader. It was asked from a friend of mine. Artist^ @/KeiryuuSeo on twitter)

~~~

The whole nation was in grief as the Fatui Harbingers lost one of their members, The Fair Lady better known as La Signora. Y/N was especially as they saw La Signora as a big sister, so losing her was devastating . Pulcinella cares for all of his co-workers and the nation, so seeing you grief alone made him hurt deep inside. 

~~~

"We are gathered here today to remember our dear comrade. In honor of her sacrifice, all work should halt for half a day as the nation mourns her passing."

"Hehe, merely half a day.. People say the Northland Bank's true currencies are blood and tears... But mayor, even speaking as a banker, that sounds a little unconscionable."

"Rosalyne died in a foreign land... But you heartless businessmen and dignitaries always with a convenient excuse to remain in the comfort of your homeland... you couldn't hope to understand. So why don't you keep your mouths shut! We don't want to make the children cry.."

"Hey, c'mon now, even I don't think this is the right time or place for a fight."

"Utterly risible!"

"Though her methods tarnished her honor, Lohefalter's sacrifice is a great pity. Her loss shall not hinder our progress. But Dottore.. What of Scaramouche and the Gnosis from Inazuma?"

"Conventional wisdom holds that Divine Knowledge cannot be rationally comprehended. After conquering the Divine Gaze, he will make his next move."

"It's time to end tonight's foolish theatrics. Right now, you have no captive audience. Let every worthy sacrifice be carved in ice, and with this nation endure for all time. In the name of Her Majesty, the Tsaritsa, we will seize authority from the gods..."

~~~

You were still shocked at how the 8th of the Harbingers still died. She was a big sister towards you. Though worked still had to be done even if it was halted for half a day. You sighed and got up from your bed and headed towards your desk to try and finish some paperwork. But you just couldn't, tears kept rolling down your face as you silently wept.

"Hello Y/N. I know that it is devastating for you just as it is for the rest of us, but there is still work that needs to be done and I need those documents by 5 today. Please hurry up Y/N." And with that Capitano left your doorway. 

"Easy for you to say.." You said silently so he couldn't hear. 

Pulcinella knew this was hard on you. You lost the one person you trusted most. If you were being honest, you hated the fatui. You only joined because La Signora said it would be good for you and you would be protected. So when you heard she died you questioned how much you were protected.

"Y/N.."

"Get out. I won't be doing any work. I don't care if I lose my place as a Fatui Harbinger I won't do any work so leave."

Pulcinella slowly walked up lightly closing the door behind him. He brought a chair with him and sat next to you. He put a hand on your back gently patting it to reassure that it's going to be okay. Even though you just woke up, you felt tired. You laid your head on your arms and started to fall asleep. Pulcinella took the documents you were working on so you wouldn't get drool on them. He was about to leave your room when he saw you shiver every now and then. He took off his coat and placed it on you before giving you a small kiss on the head. 

"Sleep tight Y/N.."

~~~

Authors note: This was hard to think of cause I had so many ideas but then I thought about his height and I scratched all of them and decided to go with this one. Hope you enjoyed :D