Garden of Dreams (Damslette x Reader)

Artist^ @/tablesp0on (Twitter)

~~~

In which two people cross paths in the garden of dreams.

~~~

Garden of Dreams. A secret garden that can only be found in Snezhnaya. It was believe by many to be a myth or a legend. But you.. You held out hope for this garden. It may not even be real and yet your little soul wanted to see for yourself.

And with that, you set out for your journey. Well, you already started this journey and you were on the final part for your map. You swore that this garden was real and you will find it. You held your breath and closed your eyes. Once you opened your eyes and exhaled you saw it. The Garden of Dreams. It was real and now you could prove everyone wrong. 

You walked in and regretted your decision. A sudden cold mist washed over the whole garden and you could've sworn the hedges were moving. You slowly crept through this now maze garden, touching ever hedge to get a sense of relief. From all your studies of the Garden of Dreams, there was nothing saying a maze was going to form. You were clueless and didn't know where to go. You took a deep breath and started to ascend further and further into the maze.

After a while of walking in circles and getting stuck behind dead ends,  you managed to find your way to what seemed to be the middle of the maze. It had multiple ways to get it, but that didn't peak your interest. What did peak your interests was the beautiful garden. It looked bigger once you see it in person. You were walking up to the garden to examine the different plants and flowers they had. It looked like they had every flower in Teyvat including a few flower bushes of Royal Azalea. Truly a sight to see. Now you could see why they called it the Garden of Dreams..

Before you could explore more of the garden you felt like you were being watched. You turned around and saw a girl. Her hair was a mix of black and pink with a weird veil over her eyes. It felt as if time slowed down because you both didn't move for a few seconds. You were just admiring her beauty as she was admiring yours. Suddenly she broke the silence with her melody of a voice.

"Hello there. I didn't think anyone else knew about this garden."

Her voice was soft and beautiful. You didn't know what to say so you just turned around and continue to examine the garden. 

"Those are Autumn Crocus. They're toxic so I wouldn't recommend touching them."

She knew a lot about this flower. You decided to test her a bit and point to different plants.

"Those are Lílium Lancifólium, a rare sight to see in Snezhnaya and native to Liyue and Inazuma. They are edible, but it's said that the pollen toxic."

Impressive. You decided it's about to time to continue the conservation.

"What's your favorite flower?" Something subtle but enough to make small talk.

"Calla lilies. They are highly toxic if eaten so they make great poison. Unfortunately they don't grow here."

Did she just say they make great poison? Weird considering how they are associated with purity and the rebirth of the archons..

"Enough about me though. Why did you come here and how did you find this garden? I did my best to hide it from the world.."

She made this garden..? How did she get all these plants?

"Oh uhm.. I heard about the Garden of Dreams when I was a child so I had my heart set to find it.."

"But what about the maze? That didn't give you any difficulty?"

"No, but it was a little difficult at first due to the mist and the moving hedges."

"I just have to make the mist thicker then.. Beside the point, I never expected to see anyone make it through. Well as a reward, what is your dream?"

Your dream? Well there's plenty. Mora for years, anyone and everything, experience a new and better life. But is that what you truly wanted?

"Could I decide later?"

"Of course. You have the whole world of Teyvat to decide unless you leave this garden."

"Until I leave.. I'll just look around the garden a bit more then.."

"Wait don't touch that! It's a Dream Walker and you'll pass out-!"

Too late..

You were awoke by a soothing voice singing the night away. Slowly opening your eyes, you saw her. She was the one singing. You got up and looked around. You were in a hidden place within the maze. It was surrounded with bushes of Royal Azalea's. 

"Oh, you're awake. Hope you had a good sleep after touching a Dream Walker."

Dream Walker? You were confused to say the least.

"I also hope you thought of a dream by now. I can't leave you in here if I leave or who knows what would happen.."

Right you still had a dream..

"I've decided.."

"Hm? What shall you dream for?"

"I want you to tell me your name.."

"What a silly dream.. But if wish to do so."

"My name is Damslette." Said the girl..