CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Once Maeve and Tom made it to Diagon Alley in London, they planned to take the Floo Network to Sinclair Estates.

The Leakey Cauldron was rather busy, as it was midday. Tom and Maeve made their way through the crowd over to the fireplace.

"Maeve!"

She turned and saw a man named Porter Barthamouex, who was close to her Father.

"Hello, Mr. Barty. Good to see you," said Maeve.

"Have a good year at school?" Barthamouex asked Maeve.

"Always," said Maeve. She waved and continued with Tom towards the oversized stone fireplace. She tossed four Sickles in a little bowl, which was the charge for using the fireplace.

"Right. Sinclair Estates. Pretty simple," she told Tom, taking a handful of green glittering Floo Powder and throwing it in the fire. The flames rose high.

Maeve stepped in, closed her eyes, and recited her destination. She was whisked away from The Leaky Cauldron, and after only a moment of an unpleasant feeling of being squeezed, she was placed gently back on the ground.

She stepped out onto the glistening white marble floors in the grand entryway of her home. There was a large sweeping staircase and double high ceilings. Sinclair Estates had been built in the late 1800s and was decorated lavishly with the time.

"There she is."

Maeve turned as Ambrose Sinclair came down the stairs with favor in his stride. She met him at the bottom and threw her arms around him. She inhaled his familiar scent of cigars which gave her an immediate sense of safety.

"Hi, Maeve," said Arianna, who stood a few feet away. Maeve nodded politely in her direction.

The sisters didn't embrace, but it was uncommon for the pair to show affection.

The fire crackled loudly, and Tom stepped into the foyer as Maeve's Mother, Clarissa, rounded the corner.

Tom stepped towards Maeve.

"You remember my sister," Maeve said to Tom, gesturing to Arianna.

"Of course. Hello Arianna."

Maeve could have sworn she saw a flush come to her sister's cheeks. This was no surprise. Maeve was used to Tom's powerful effect on others.

"This is my Mother," said Maeve quickly.

Tom extended his hand to Clarissa, who smiled and took it. "Lovely to meet you, Mrs. Sinclair. Your home is beautiful."

Clarissa averted her eyes to her husband Ambrose and took his hand only for a moment.

"And this," beamed Maeve, "is my Father, Ambrose Sinclair."

Ambrose ran his fingers through his silvering hair before extending a gracious arm to Tom.

"Good to have you," said Ambrose.

"Thank you for having me, sir." Tom smiled charmingly. "Maeve has told me much about you. I hate that I missed your teaching at Hogwarts. The other professors speak so highly of you."

Ambrose grinned and gave a wink, "Ahh- nonsense."

Tom gave Ambrose his award-winning smile.

"We'll let you get settled then," said Ambrose.

"Trudy," snapped Clarisa. The house-elf appeared with a CRACK. "Show Mr. Riddle to his quarters."

"I'll show him," interjected Maeve.