eight

hope y'all enjoy this chapter and excuse any typos —naomi

Renée

"Uh ooohhhhhhh," Renée sang dancing in her seat as Duke sang, "Oh oh oh oh."

"If the party's where you're at then let me know," both of them singing Where the party at by Jagged Edge. They were listening to Renee's old-school playlist as they were on their journey to the fun center.

Renée squealed as Duke pulled up finding a good parking spot. "I'm so excited," she said clapping. They exited Duke's car and slowly strolled towards the fun center. She turned to Duke seeing Duke eyeing her up and down.

"Yo fit clean as hell," Duke complimented. "Thank you," she blushed. She is wearing a yellow graphic tee, green shorts, and white Jordan 3s.

After Renée paid for everything, they strolled around, figuring out what they should play

After Renée paid for everything, they strolled around, figuring out what they should play. "What do you wanna do first?" Renée said. "I don't know, I kinda wanna go beat your ass on the race track," Duke said. Renée straight-faced him as he laughed.

They exited the building since the race track is located outside. They walked over to the go-carts and waited in line. After the people finished their race and exited the carts, the workers opened the gate for Renée, Duke, and the rest of the people in line. Renée walked over to a blue cart, her favorite color, while Duke sat in a cart next to her.

They had strapped in the carts as the worker checked to make sure the carts were fine and everyone buckled in. The worker then signaled for them to go, and Renée and Duke took off. Duke was currently in first place, with Renee right behind him. Duke extends his middle finger to Renée as she bumps into the back of his cart.

After the first lap, Renée is able to speed past Duke, extending her finger just like he did to her. They did one more lap, Renée being in first and Duke being in third. They unbuckled the seat belts as they exited the go-carts.

"I won," Renée clapped, jumping up and down. Duke slowly walked up to Renée with a smirk, shaking his head. "I was gone say you cheated but Ima let you slide," throwing his hands up.

"Yo acting like yo ass ain't big as hell. I saw the cart dragging on the floor," Renée joked.

They both walked over to the laser tag section, where there were a few adults and the rest were teenagers. One of them turned to look behind them and gasped when they recognized Duke. They tapped their friends, who were pointing behind them.

"Yo Duke," one of the kids said. "Wassup," Duke said, dapping up the kids, "Y'all ready for some laser tag." The kids say 'yes'. "Who gone be on my team," Duke said. The kids excitedly say 'me'. Renée couldn't help but smile at the scene in front of her.

Duke was on the blue team, and Renée is on the red. "You tryna be like me or something," Renée pointed and squinted at Duke. "Ain't nobody tryna be like you," he playfully scoffed. "You know my favorite color is blue," Renée said.
"They chose the teams not me," Duke said. "Just for that, we most definitely beating yo ass," Renée said, going over to her team.