seven

thank you guys for 1,000 reads. glad y'all like my book, didn't think it would do this well. 😭 appreciate you guys, hope y'all enjoy this chapter and excuse any typos. (has been recently edited)—naomi

Renée

As Renée lounges on the couch in the AMP house, she's watching Duke's live stream on her phone. The stream takes an amusing turn as Duke and Chris begin playfully speculating about Kai possibly being a clone.

"You remember when this nigga was streaming in New York right, and nigga, when the rat that went by, everybody took they eyes off Kai," Duke explained.

"Ooohhh," Chris chimed in, suddenly "having a realization."

"Look Look Look, the rat went by, and everyone took they eyes off Kai. That's when they switched him—switched the real Kai out with the new Kai, type shit," Duke humorously rambled.

"Now nigga we gotta sleep with one eye open," Duke said, removing his glasses and opening his left eye dramatically. "Cause it's a nigga we don't even know, like where is my friend?" He asked, teasingly.

"He has been acting weird bro, this nigga is literally weird as fuck," Chris added.

"This whole time I've been building a friendship, a chemistry with a nigga that's not even real, I knew- I knew it. I knew it was fake. I knew it. You see what I'm saying." Duke playfully impersonated Sollumanati.

"Bro I see it, cause he did go off the screen a little bit," Chris agreed, dapping up Duke.

Their conversation came to an abrupt stop when they heard a noise. Both Duke and Chris turned their attention to the bathroom, where they spotted Kai walking in while bouncing a ball. In response, they exchanged glances, whispering and shushing each other, not wanting Kai to overhear what they were just talking about.

Meanwhile, Duke was puzzled, squinting as he observed how Kai had coincidentally walked in right when they were discussing him.

After a brief conversation, Chris and Duke observed Kai leaving the room. In response, Duke swiftly locked his bedroom door and hurried to secure his back door, located in his bathroom. "Bro on god, that was the other clone. Yo they just switched, they just switched," Chris exclaimed, bouncing up and down in his seat.

Duke began to pace back and forth with his hands behind his head, contemplating the situation. "Bro, it might be the fucking clone, we don't know they just switched because we saw him, he walked, like, how he get over there?" Chris questioned, trying to make sense of the situation.

"Calm down, calm down," Duke settling down in his seat. "Let me tell you what this nigga just did, bro he went out this door, went all the way around the house, and came through my back door bro listen. Whole time me and you sneak dissing he heard us," Duke explained.

"How he hear us though?" Chris asked.

"Nigga he was right there," Duke pointed towards his bathroom. "Bro, this nigga heard us talking bout how he a fucking clone, I don't know where you gone go but I'm going to South Carolina right after this stream," Duke said.

"Did he have the AMG when the rat came?" Chris asked.

"NOO," Duke answered. "The clone is taking all of Kai Cenat's money," Chris gasped in disbelief.

"After that rat went across the stream, he ain't never been the same, he got the amg, a big ass chain, a busy down rollie avalanche," Duke listed, counting off the items on his fingers.

"They made the clone a rapper by singing that bum ass song, like, think about how trash that song and think about how famous it is," Duke said.

"He's an industry plant," Chris added.