eleven

hello guys, it's been a while since i last uploaded, sorry it took so long. but i hope y'all enjoy this chapter and excuse any typos—naomi

Renée

"How long you gone be in South Carolina?" Renée asked. It's nearing the end of May, and she is currently helping Duke pack up his belongings because AMP got kicked out of the house they were renting.

"Until we find a new crib," Duke shrugged, taping up the box he had just finished packing.

"Ima miss you," Renée pouted, dropping what she was doing to give him a hug. "I'll come here once in a while for you," he suggested, pecking her lips. "Why them stupid New York niggas had to blow up the house," Renée grumbled, hugging him even tighter.

"That's when they was loud as hell that night?" she asked. She vaguely remembered hearing fireworks, but she can vividly recall how loud they were, despite Duke's room being on the other side of the house. "Yeah, look at these niggas," Duke replied, pulling out his phone to show her Kai's stream. When she saw Kai and Fanum shooting fireworks at each other, her jaw dropped open.

As they went back to packing, Renee's face screwed up when she saw her shorts in Duke's closet. "Baby, why is my shorts in your closet?" She's been looking for them for a while, considering they've been her go-to shorts ever since she got them. Everyone has a few articles of clothing that they constantly wear. Still, to this day, she isn't sure why she would let Duke wear them.

Duke replied, lying between his teeth, "You must've left them here or sum."

"You think you slick, stealing my shorts," she responded, smirking.

"They hard," he tried to justify before pointing at Renée, "And don't act like you don't be taking my shit."

"This ain't about me, I can take your shit if I want to," she laughed because they were really going back and forth about a pair of shorts. Of course she didn't mind if he wore her clothes, but probably not these shorts. "Why you, a grown ass man, taking his girl's clothes?" They stared at each other for a few seconds before busting out laughing.

They were both listening to music that was blasting from the speaker. When Avant's Don't Take Your Love Away began to play, they paused what they were doing, ready to sing to each other.

"Awh shit," Duke exclaimed as he was doing the two step toward Renée. "I'm mesmerized by your sexy eyes, and your soft and lovely skin," Duke sang, cupping Renée's face. She smiled singing along with him.

"No longer will you be lead astray," they both sang to each other. "Sing it baby," Renée exclaimed as she gave Duke an imaginary microphone, which he gladly accepted and sang, "Baby listen to the words I say." Duke hit the note horribly, causing Renée to laugh.

After the song finished, a country song came on, causing Renée to make a face. "I know this nigga ain't listening to country," she muttered . "What we not gone do is disrespect Luke mahfuckin Bryan," Duke responded before singing along to the song. Renée could listen to every genre of music, even hard rock, but country? She simply couldn't do it.

"Let's go get something to eat," Duke huffed, they needed a break. They have been packing for hours, along with cleaning, because they didn't want to leave with the house filthy. "Chic-fil-a?" Renée asked. Chic-fil-a was her new favorite because back in New York there weren't many around, so she never really had any until she moved here.

"That's what you want?"

She nodded, then squealed as they got their things and headed to the car. Duke pulled up to a drive-through. After Duke ordered, he asked what she wanted. Because she couldn't read the menu, she unbuckled her seat belt and climbed across. Her hand was on his upper thigh, and her breasts were just inches away from his face.