Secret headquarters

I walked into the building. It was all modern and state of the art. People like Reki loved it. Flashing computer screens telling you what to buy for skin care or bathroom issues, or whatever they were selling. It all looked too flashy for my taste. The large glass windows didn't do much to keep the public from peeking in. Not that there was much to see on the ground floor.

Bob stood behind his check point, badge and gun on display. He greeted me with a nod and a "Good Mornin' Joe." I nodded back returning the greeting.

Walking past him their was Victor and Stacy behind the information desk. They waved to me as I followed the teal tiled walls around to the steel bank of elevators. Only one went to the floor I needed to go to. I waved my ID over the button. It took its sweet ass time coming. Stepping in another girl tried to get me to hold it. She had coffee, a bag, her purse and several files all in her hands. I waved, but we weren't allowed to let anyone else out this ride. The doors closed as her hurried heels clicked on the white marble floor. I heard her swearing as I was lifted upwards.

The doors dinged open. I stepped out. This was a little better, for my tastes. More homey feeling. Reki's workshop was off to the left, I could see the tables of stuff piled up in there. It looked like a kindergarten class had a field day, so many colors! Langa had his desk just outside of the workshop. He was sitting there playing with a cube of colored squares. I nodded to him, but turned the other way. Shadow was hunched over his desk, looking like he had collapsed. Soft snores came from him, my guess was he was still feeling the effects of his night of indulgence.

Oka was perched on the corner of the desk his fiancé slept on. Phone to his ear, he was listening to something as he looked out the one row of windows we had. I walked past them, waving as I made my way around the elevator that sat directly in the center of the space. Behind it was my desk.

I had a bit of a cubicle, three walls lined a small six by six area. The fourth was open. I stepped through it. Draping my jacket on the back of the chair I sank down. Pulling my cell phone out I checked my messages. One from Kaoru.

"Hope the place didn't burn down because you took a night for yourself." He texted about twenty minutes ago.

"All's good. How are you feeling this morning?" I asked. Then quickly added. "Sorry for leaving so abruptly. Maybe I can make it up to you, dinner, my place?"

He responded pretty quickly. "Sorry. I need to go out of town for a few days."

"Rain check?"

"When I get back?" He sent them in different texts.

"Sure. Let me know." I responded. "Angry customer alert." I sent as Oka came around to call us all to the conference room. Yeah, business huh, Kaoru. I smirked. I stood slipping the device back into my pocket. Reki was bounding around Langa.

"What do you think of it? Cool, huh?" He asked. He let out a laugh. "I still can't get it back to solids." He chuckled.

"Done." Langa held the cube out to the redhead. Reki took it looking stunned. All the little squares were all matched up. Every side solid colored blocks.

"Whoo, that only took you..." Reki glanced at the clock.

"Six minutes and thirty three seconds." Langa stated. "Since I didn't see it before you messed it up, it took a minute for me to see how it all worked." The taller kid stated. Reki stopped walking. He hung his head as he stared at the cube.

"You're so smart, Langa. Why do you waste your time with someone like me?" he asked. Langa was used to these sudden mood changes. He backed up. Wrapping his arms around the redhead. He leaned in. I watched as he kissed Reki's neck.