Wonders

⚠️ smut⚠️

"What the absolute fuck just happened?" I starred at the screen. Carla was sharing her feed with us. Had I just witnessed...

"Adam was defeated! And he laughs!" I had to sit down. This was... unreal.

"You won." Cherry's cool voice spoke softly. Langa nodded.

"That was fun." He kicked the board into his hand. The front wheel fell off. "Damn, my boyfriend is going to kill me." He whispered giving a tiny smirk in Cherry's direction.

"Boyfriend?" Adam moved up to the teen. His arm curling around the boys shoulder. Lange flinched. He turned to look at him.

"Yeah." Langa stated in his bored way. "He builds my boards for me." He said. Bending he picked up the wheel. Effortlessly he had dodged out of Adam's reach. "Taught me to skate." He added tossing the wheel, catching it, then dropping it into his pocket. Adam watched. If he was a cartoon character he would have heart eyes. I felt sick.

I heard a sound behind me. Turning I saw Reki fiddling with something. The kid always had stuff in his pockets to keep his hands busy. His eyes were glued to the screen. I frowned. What were we to do now? I wondered.

"Have Langa stick to the original plan." Oka instructed Cherry. "If Adam shows favoritism, maybe we can do something about that." He tapped his desk. We watched as they got back in the helicopter.

"What do you think, Joe?" Oka asked looking over at me. I drummed my fingers on the desk.

"For as long as I have known him, Adam has been looking for his "true" Eve. No one I know even knows what he means by that." I stated.

"Yet it appears he thinks Langa is it." Oka stated.

"He once thought Cherry was it as well." I pointed out. "Honestly, if you asked me, I think he needs to look a little closer to home." Oka arched his brow. I told them about Snake.

"Tadashi taught Adam how to skate?" Reki was on his feet. He had sat to listen to the story. I nodded.

"It's only with skating he is looking for Eve?" Oka asked. Again I nodded. "Leave, I need to think." He waved us off. On the screen they were back at headquarters. Cherry was sharpening pencils at his desk. He never just stuck around the office. I walked out.

"I think I will go to the restaurant. I think better while I cook." I told Reki and Shadow. They both nodded. I headed out.

Sia la Luce was pretty busy during lunch. I strolled in the back door. Immediately I could see it was chaos. The sue chef was handling their station and the chopping station, the head chef was cooking and loading the dishwasher. Several others were doing more than one job as well. What I didn't see were three chefs that were suppose to be here.

"Where are they?" I demanded pulling my chef coat on.

"They went away for the weekend together, remember?" My head chef asked me. I nodded taking over the order he was cooking. "Well apparently they had some car trouble and are stuck in some Podunk town." He stated. I glared at the frying pan.

"Alright, I can stick around." With this they all shifted positions. The head chef took over two of the other chefs places. He was making salads and other sides with the help of on of the busboys. I did the cooking and the other lost chef's job. It was hard, yes but something I needed right now. I didn't want to think.

If I thought to much I wouldn't be able to see the pattern. Finding a solution to weird things happened to me. It was while I was preoccupied with something else, that the problem solved itself and presented the solution to me. Therefore, I lost my mind in the busy work of my body.