Temptress

“You knew?” Reki asked looking up from the demolished crumbs that had once been the quiche I had placed on his plate.

“Yes.” I said, smirking. Langa was happily enjoying his food. He sat beside Reki humming to himself as he wiggled on the seat. I loved seeing how happy food made him. How he stayed so skinny, that was something I couldn’t figure out.

Reaching into the back of the highest cabinet I pulled out the bottle of wine I had stashed there. The only reason it was in the office was because of Kaoru’s Cherry Blossom. I had bought it for our date, a few weeks back. Oka called me into the office to discuss some new development. I stashed it here, then forgot it. Ended up buying another one as I drove to Kaoru’s place. Couldn’t have the princess not enjoy his wine.

“Yes, but how did you know?” the condescension in his tone, was palpable. I smirked.

“Please, do you think my role here is to just be a big lumbering idiot?” I asked him half turning as I poured the wine.

“Yes, of course.” His lip curled slightly with the insult.

“Joe’s really smart. He’s our problem solver.” Reki beamed he inched the plate closer to me. Those large yellow eyes hopeful for more food. I doubt the kid got enough to eat at home. His dad had taken off just after mommy announced she was pregnant. She ended up having twins.  Reki was the closest thing to a father those little girls knew. He stayed living with them to help out with the bills. He was also, my biggest fan. I smiled at him now.

“Thanks kid!” I ruffled his already messy hair, before adding more food to his plate.

Flipping a mat down, I placed a cloth over it. I sat the silverware, rolled up fancifully, in a napkin beside it. I placed the glass of wine, then deftly sat the plate down. Kaoru remained standing arms folded as he glared at me.

“It was easy. You told me.” I reminded him. His arms dropped.

“I did not!” He cried.

“Cherry Blossom was, and still is, the only person to ever call me Gorilla. So, when Kaoru did it…” I smirked. He humphed before plopping into the nice seat I had set up for him.

“How long was that?” he muttered. I could tell he hadn’t been aware of the insult slipping from his lips.

“The fist night we slept together, love.” I commented dishing out the rest of the quiche.

“Stupid Gorilla!” He muttered stabbing a piece of the quiche. I laughed. This set off a chain reaction.

First Reki’s shoulder’s began to shake. Oka looked nervous, but let out a little twitter of a laugh. This sent Reki into hysterical laughter. He was hanging off of his boyfriend. Shadow sat at the far end of the counter, he pulled his head out of his phone to look up. He looked bewildered to see everyone in the room. Langa smiled fondly at the boy on his arm. He wrapped the laughing hyena up, to keep him from falling off of his stool.

My eyes went back to the man in black. I bit my lower lip as I took in the outfit. Damn he was hot. I would love to see him walking away… those pants were tight!  A wadded up napkin hit me on the nose. I blinked.

“Get your head out of the gutter, gorilla!” Cherry smirked at me. From the two red spots on his cheeks I could tell he was pleased with my appraisal of him.

“Um, Cherry Blossom has requested to join us.” Oka announced. I folded my arms over my chest. Glaring down my nose at the man enjoying my cooking. He arched a perfect brow up at me.

“What did the great benefactor, Adam do to enlist such insubordination?” I asked.

“Ordered me to kill you all.” Kaoru said sipping his wine as if this was typical conversation.