Decisions

We sat around the table. Sia La Luce was currently closed for cleaning. The cleaners weren't here yet. Gorilla was laying out his plan. Reki was all but sitting in Langa's lap trying to shield him from the words dropping out of Kojiro's mouth. I was unsure about having Tadashi leaning against the wall.

The tall quiet man had his arms folded over his chest as he watched Kojiro with something akin to humor, if I actually thought he could have an emotion. I didn't understand their relationship. They had been friends in like school or something. Apparently Joe skated with Adam back then. What happened between them? I eyed the man before me. I recalled him.

I was so young. Tadashi was a few years older than me, but I didn't have many friends. Mother wouldn't allow it. I was always sickly, or so she claimed. I was suppose to stay inside. My only play room was my bedroom. I had a study room where I went to school. I wasn't allowed near other kids. Mother said I was too delicate. Little things scared me.

One day the maid who had been friendly toward me said her son was sick and she wouldn't be able to come to work. Mother wouldn't have this. She told the maid to bring her son here but to keep him away from me. She did, but I didn't. I spied on him. I would sneak out during the day whenever I could that summer to watch him.

He skated with two other guys. Always Tadashi stayed behind them. It was weird since he was the best of all of them. I began to teach myself. I read all books and papers and online articles on skating. I wanted to have friends. One day while I was building Carla, Tadashi came into my room.

He was a perfect gentleman. Only there to bring me tea. He saw what I was working on. Of course I had to beg him not to tell my mother. She couldn't know anything about my lewd behavior. He thought that was funny. He became a bit of a teacher for me as well. He allowed me to follow him and looked after me. I had known him years by the time his mother "introduced" us when I got kicked out of my home.

"That's the entire plan?" Oka asked.

"Well, I admitted it's not perfect. I mean you could help out along the way..." Kojiro rubbed at the back of his neck.

"Yeah, you think?" Oka stood. He picked up his plate. Kojiro had cooked for us. Oka walked away looking thoughtful.

"It appears as if your plan hinges a lot on Langa." Tadashi commented.

"Of course it does. He is what Adam wants." Kojiro pointed out. Tadashi looked away. I could tell the comment had stung. Kojiro rolled his eyes.

"Wait!" He suddenly froze eyes on the ground. "His true Eve. The person who can compliment how he skates. The person who can challenge him." Those red eyes lifted. Tadashi looked away. I had seen him glance up at the larger man. Now his eyes went to the window.

"He has never seen you as his equal, we all know that." Kojiro pointed out.

"Because I am not." Tadashi said. Kojiro walked up to him. He smacked his hands onto the others shoulders.

"But, you are. In one area. You skate better than anyone!" He cried. Tadashi looked at him.

"No, I gave that up." He said in his dark voice.

"Like hell you did. You think I don't have friends who still skate. They tell me of this mystery dude that shows up from time to time." Kojiro backed away. "With hips like a snake." He added over his shoulder as he picked up the rest of the dishes.

"You want me to go against Adam?" Tadashi asked.

"I want you to fight for your rightful place." Kojiro insisted. He turned carrying the dishes into the kitchen. I saw Tadashi look at me.