The finale

I knocked on the door. It was partially open but I couldn't see anything inside. There wasn't a sound. Well, nothing but the soft beeping of the hospital monitors. I knocked again, didn't need to be disturbing anything. I heard a groan. The rustling of sheets sounded then a crash. I smacked the door open with my flat palm. He laid half out of bed.

I saw his foot had slipped to the floor. The tray must have been to close to the bed. He had accidently kicked it as he tried to get up. It was on wheels resulting in it shooting across the space into the far wall. I rushed over to him. Carefully slipping my arms under his to hoist him back up in bed. He groaned his head lulling back until finally those red eyes looked at me. He smiled.

"I like pink." He muttered in a sort of dreamy voice. As if he realized what he said he laughed. His eyes focused better.

I drew back, flipping the blankets back over his legs. I looked down at him. It had been weeks since that night, yet he was nothing like the man I had known. The man I, at one time, thought I had loved. I pulled up the chair.

"Do you remember my name?" I asked him. He blinked.

"Cherry." Then he shook his head. "No wait that's just what the big guy calls you. Um it's uh Callabo?" He muttered frowning harder.

"Kaoru!" He suddenly shouted. I smirked.

"Yes." I nodded. He adjusted himself to sitting up better. He folded his hands in his lap.

"Tadashi went to the Café. Said I needed to eat proper food." He smiled. I reached out to touch the long strong fingers of his hand. I curled mine around it.

"You are looking better each day." I offered. He smiled.

"Yeah, I still wish I could remember Ainosuke." He starred out the window a moment. "Tadashi seems sad whenever he talks about that guy." He muttered.

"I think it's for the best that Ainosuke remains dead." I growled pulling my hand back. He turned to look at me.

"How's the wedding planning going?" he asked. I huffed.

"When you have two people like those idiots trying to decided on anything it's a nightmare!" I spent the reminder of the hour filling his time with the newest details of Reki and Langa attempting to plan their wedding. He was laughing when Tadashi came in. I was shocked to see the muscled bound ape behind him.

"Its nice to hear your laugh again, sir." Tadashi smiled. The blue haired man in the bed reached out his hand. Tadashi quickly sat what he held down to rush to take it. They smiled lovingly at each other.

"Hey Adam, I heard the good news." Kojiro said walking up beside me. He wrapped his arm a bit possessively around my shoulders. I smirked as I hugged his hips.

"Oh, what's that?" he asked.

"You are going to be released." Tadashi stated. Adam looked concerned.

"Don't worry, dear." Tadashi petted his hair. "Oka and Kojiro have fixed everything for us." Adam smiled at his boyfriend. He turned that look to Kojiro.

"Thank you. I know it's going to be awhile before I can return to work." He muttered.

"Hey, don't sweat it. The accident was bad. You heal, we can do without our favorite gardener for a few weeks." Kojiro was good at winning people over.

"You're too kind." Adam smiled rubbing circles into the back of Tadashi's hand. Kojiro nodded.

"I'm afraid I can't stay long. I just came to collect Pinky here. The boys are coming by for cake tasting today." He raised his hand to hide his mouth from Tadashi. "Don't worry I snuck some samples in for you." He winked at Adam. The man giggled like a school boy.