Chapter 9: Commando Pea

"You let him out?!", Commando Pea yelled. His whole life and species depended on him and he could be fired and when he did get fired, he'd be a nobody and everyone wouldn't be safe! But of course there was always the smart and loyal Agent Pea and Law Pea. They did most of the work while all he did was tell plants where to go for a Garden Ops.

"Yes, we did let him out", Party Citron responded. "But don't worry, we have Frozen Citron back, and that's all that matters. And on the bright side, the Gross Goons never got out." It was obvious to him that they would get out soon enough, because who wouldn't plan to break out unexpectedly. "I'm gonna go see if he's roaming the sides of backyard. Nobody is coming with me."

Of course he wasn't really going to the sides of the backyard. He was going to the zombie's base. He was done pretending to be nice and good for the plants. He wanted to really rule his species. He wanted to be king of plants. And he was going to do that by stopping by to Zomboss and see if they could form an alliance.

Easily, he snuck in without anyone noticing. He couldn't see Zomboss anywhere. Where was he hiding and why would he be hiding from Commando Pea? "Freeze!", said Arctic Trooper. "Or I'll blast you!" Commando Pea sighed. This silly Advanced zombie could barely even touch him. "I wanna talk to Zomboss", he said. "It's urgent." Arctic Trooper just said "okay" and went to get Zomboss. How could he be so stupid?

"What do you want?", Dr. Zomboss said. "What I want is for the plants to suffer", he answered. "They act like I'm nothing while Agent Pea and Law Pea are like superheroes! I say we should form an alliance to get our revenge."

Zomboss hesitated. "Fine", he said. "We have a deal. My secret weapon is already on the move and I'll need to make a worthy zombie do something bad and go into jail to help the Gross Goons get out of there."

Zomboss showed Commando Pea the cameras that were scattered around the backyard. Even inside the plants base! And he never even knew they were there. Zomboss pointed to the camera that showed the entrance to the plant's base. "See that patch of dirt there?", he asked. "Under that patch of dirt is my secret weapon. As soon as its target comes out, he will surprise attack the plant and vanquish it!" It was the perfect plan. Yet he wondered if he was doing the right thing, teaming up with the zombies. Should he play it out and when the plants are in serious trouble he comes in and stops the secret weapon? Or should he keep his alliance and finally get revenge?