chapter 1 | First touch

Saturday, June 4th, 2022.

1:30 pm.

'JOONHA'S P.O.V'

"Make sure you go a little faster before going for that jump," Seunggil advices me, smoking his cigarette while watching me constantly try. I leave my skateboard to get on the floor and grab it. "I'm done, it pisses me off," I drop my favorite item in front of me and sit down on the bench right next to my best friend. "You're just not distancing yourself enough from it, that's all."

"I'm hungry, so I can't do anything properly," I get hold of my bag and open it to look for a snack. "I got a banana in mine if you want," he tells me, and since I see nothing that I want, I grab his bag and take the fruit. "Are you sure you're fine with me eating this in front of you?" I smirk and pull the peel down, but he chuckles at me and pushes his silver hair back. "Shut the fuck up, dumbass."

I laugh and take a bite, and I grab my phone but check what the other guys are doing. Most of them are pretty good at skating, but they still need to practice.

"Oh, look who's there," he brings my attention to someone in particular, so I quickly check where his look is directed, but as soon as I set my eyes on them, I scoff at the memory of the scene that keeps on replaying into my head whenever I see her. "The girl who fell for you," he makes fun of the matter, so I shake my head and take another bite of the banana. "She fell on me, not for me."

He laughs but makes it quiet enough so that no one hears, and I watch the girl walk towards a group of guys, with her friend, who I often see practice here. "That was funny and cute as fuck from my point of view, not gonna lie."

"She was so embarrassed, stop making fun of this poor girl," I chew on my healthy snack and glance down at my phone, and he sits down by my side. "Aw. You're defending her, you're so sweet."

"Shut up," I stand up and shove the rest of the banana in my mouth to throw the peel out. "Let's go back to it," I grab my skateboard and jump on it to head to the halfpipe, and he follows me. "Make sure to stay away from her," he remarks, and I click my tongue. He will never stop teasing me about this.

/ flashback \

"You need to absorb your landing much better," Seunggil tells me to do as I have been attempting to ollie up a curb, and I sigh out of frustration but get closer to it again. "I'm losing my balance whenever I land on it," I run my tongue over my lips and feel it graze the ring on my bottom one. "You just need to practice a little more, you'll get used to it. Don't worry," he cheers me up, knowing I hate to fail.

"I'm gonna—"

"Y/n!" a name gets yelled right when someone bumps hard into me from the left and causes me to hit the floor with them.

"Holy fuck!" the same voice speaks from closer as I cannot even process what happened yet. I look up at the girl who brutally landed on me, and we make eye contact, awkwardly, but the other guy helps her to stand back up.

"I'm so sorry," she apologizes in a trembling and embarrassed voice, and bows to me. "I didn't mean to, I was— It's my first time getting on a skateboard...I'm really sorry..."

I hold back from laughing after getting back up as well and brush my hands past my back and butt. "It's fine."

"Are you sure? Did I hurt you?" she holds her hands together near her chest, seeming concerned. "You didn't. No worries," I do not react in a mean way since I have been there as well. She obviously feels so embarrassed about what just happened, I am not going to make it worse for her. "I should have stayed near you," the guy, who is known to be the best at skating here, looks at her and removes the dust from her top.