chapter 5 | Play with me

I take my favorite item with me and follow, satisfied and pleased with what I heard.

I walk in the same direction, but once I reach y/n out, I tangle my fingers in her hair and stand by her side. "I'm sorry for making you sad yesterday," I smile and mess around now that I know about it. "I don't wanna hear you talk about this."

"But you're gonna hear me talk a lot about this," I grin and run my fingers through her hair to bring my hand back to my body. "I'm going to punch this damn jerk."

I laugh, feeling amused by the power this gives me.

"By the way, I heard that you were listening to Stray Kids, so I guess that you like their songs?" she brings up after the loudness of it was exposed by my headphones, and I nod. "Yes. One of theirs now became my favorite."

"Good, I knew it. You have good taste," she states, and I cannot help but sneer. "I knew it already."

"Of course," she chuckles, and I step on my skateboard to climb on it, and I move right in front of her to look down into her eyes. "Are you gonna dance with me? We'll make a dance cover of one of their songs and post it on YouTube."

"Sure, Joonha. I'm totally in," she gets me to feel pretty great by pronouncing my name, her voice making it sound even better. I smile at her but grab her forearm to pull it down and not see her cross her arms anymore. "Come on. I wanna have your opinion on my skills."

"I'll come and watch you dance if you want, but I won't dance with you," she only agrees to one option, but Hyunjin comes right when she lets this out, and he frowns at her. "Watch him dance?"

"Yeah, she wanna watch me do a strip-tease performance, your best friend is dirty as fuck," I dare to make up a lie while looking into her eyes, and she gasps then hits my abs, so I catch her wrists. "That's not true! Don't say that!"

I giggle but let go of her, seeing how flustered and shy it got her to be. "You're such a liar."

"I'm not even surprised. I'm gonna let Inhyuk know about this," Hyunjin walks away to join Seunggil, but she yells at him. "Don't! He's gonna kill me!"

"Who's Inhyuk?" I ask to know the identity of this person, this one name I believe to be her brother's or boyfriend's one.

"It's my dumb brother," she replies and approaches me. "Why would you say that? I'm going to make you regret this."

"Oh fuck, I'm trembling with fright now," I feign fear and bite my lips, my lip ring not even making it uncomfortable anymore. She laughs against her will and glances away.

•••

2:30 pm.

"I'm taking a break," I warn the three of them and walk up to the bench where I left my bag, and I put my skateboard down against it but realize I am not alone.

"Are you tired too?" I ask the cute girl who came with me, and she drops her body on the bench. "No, I'm just hungry," she grabs her bag, and I sneer but get next to her. I take mine and open it to get a snack, but I turn my head towards her. "You got what you need? I brought the cakes you liked the other day if you want," I hold my bag open and show her, and she does not seem to be certain. "The vanilla ones?"

"Yes," my lips curve up, discerning the doubt in her eyes. "Well, I want one if I can," she smiles, softly, so I get two out and hand them to her. "Here."

"Thank you," she takes them and leaves her bag on the side to remove the wrapping of one of the snacks and eat, so I get a chocolate nut bar, and I bite into it.