chapter 10 | In my room

I grab it and drink, suddenly feeling thirsty, but I stop everything at the sound of some knocking on the front door.

"No-" Joonha stops me right when I stood up. "I'm the one greeting him," he heads towards it, but I follow him, not letting him go by himself when I have been waiting on this chair for Joonha to be here.

I watch him look in the peephole then open the door, and once I catch sight of Joonha in a pair of tight, black ripped jeans, a white t-shirt, with a black cap that hides his pretty blond hair. My brother greets him, and Joonha smiles at him. "Hey. Nice to see you again," he comes in and makes eye contact with me right away. His lips curve up even more, and he takes his sneakers off.

"Hey," I speak once he comes closer, but he looks into my eyes. "Hey. Are you doing alright?" he takes his cap off and fixes his fluffy hair. "I am, and you?"

"I'm fine as long as you are," he smiles, softly, showing no nervousness in front of my brother and dad. He drifts his eyes away from me and says hi to my dad, bowing to him. "Nice to meet you, Mister Jang."

"Nice to meet you too. Would you like something to drink?" he does everything to make him feel comfortable, which relieves me a lot. "A bottle of water will be enough if you have, please."

"Of course we do," he moves up towards it, and I glance at my brother, who is standing aside. He is staring at him, it is a good thing that Joonha cannot see his stern look. "Here you are," my dad hands the cold bottle to Joonha, and this one thanks him and grabs it to already take a sip.

"Did you come here on foot?" Inhyuk moves from his spot to start the interrogation, and Joonha brings the bottle down but shakes his head. "No, my dad drove me here."

"Hm," he pretends not to be aware of it when I told him earlier. "And how old are you?"

"Twenty-one," he does not express any agitation in front of him, but instead, confidence. "And don't you have a driving license?"

"I do, but I've been saving money to buy a car," he explains and gives the right answers. "Yeah. Understandable."

"Do you have a car?" he returns the question, and my dad walks back to the sofa, leaving these two men to have a conversation. "I do, but I only use it for long distances."

"Why? What brand is it?" he puts his bottle down on the kitchen counter on his right. It looks like he is willing to be more friendly with my brother. "It's an Audi r8. The blue one."

"Oh, yeah. That's a pretty one," he raises his eyebrows as of he was surprised, and my brother turns a bit more towards me to grip the back of the chair next to him. "It is. I couldn't pick one, and y/n wanted me to get this one. So I bought it."

"Ah," he smiles and sets his blue eyes on me. "You have good taste in cars. It's good."

"I know, but anyway," I put an end to this, finding it awkward. "Let's get upstairs," I lead Joonha towards the stairs in the open living room, but my brother stops me by pronouncing my name. "You know what I said about this."

"I just need to talk to him," I tell him the truth, not finding a pretext to be alone with him and do more than talk. "Then you leave the door open."

"Alright," I agree with this and take Joonha to my bedroom. He follows without saying anything, and I close the door behind him. "Didn't he say to leave it open?" he grins, and I nod but sit down on my gaming chair. "He did, and it's open. It's not locked, so it's open."

He laughs at how I twisted his words to get what I want, and he inches closer to place his bottle down on my desk. "Stand up for a second," he gestures me to move up, so I do it and stand right before me, but he pulls me in and wraps his arms around my body. Tenderly, and warmly, he holds me against him. "Are you okay?"