chapter 2 | Texting

•••

2:40 pm.

The four of us taking a break to eat a snack and drink, I chew on a chocolate goldfish and watch the trailer of a new game I cannot wait to play.

"Aw, look at baby Joonha eating his cute goldfish cookies," Seunggil teases me about the snack I brought, but I do not look at him, I kick him in the leg, but Hyunjin speaks to y/n and grasps my attention. "Why aren't you eating?"

"I kinda rushed and forgot the cakes my brother left on the counter for me," she answers, and I set my eyes on her, who is sitting on the left of Hyunjin and Joonha, this one who is between him and me. "Why didn't you tell me about it? I can't even share this because you don't like it," he does not feel happy about it, but since I will not eat the whole bag I got, I lean over and move it towards her. "Do you want some? It's chocolate ones."

"Are you sure you'll have enough?" he answers when I saw her shake her head with a kind look on her face. "Yeah. More than enough. I still have more snacks in my bag," I get hold of it and give it to him. "She can take what she wants. I always bring some food and drinks."

"Damn, that's a whole cabinet you have," he rummaged through it and see all that I have. "I know, but no matter how much I eat, I don't gain weight, so I'm always munching on something," I do exactly what I am saying and enjoy the sweet taste the cookies spread in my mouth. "You're a lucky bastard," Seunggil exposes his jealous side, but I do not agree with him. "I'm not. I can't even build some muscles, it's annoying."

"Have you ever tried the mass gainer stuff?" Hyunjin asks. "I haven't because my dad says it's not good for me. He's totally against those types of products since he's pretty bulky but naturally."

"Oh, does your dad work out?" he hands me my bag and thanks me. "Every day after work. He never stops."

"He's a beast," Seunggil gets me to scoff. "Honestly, I have no idea how he's able to work until five, cook dinner for us, and work out for two hours. He's insane."

"Well, that's a tough guy," Hyunjin raises his eyebrows and eats his honey butter chips. "He is."

"Your dad would really get along with mine," y/n speaks while eating one of my snacks, the small vanilla cakes. "Really? Why?" I lean over to see her to the full. "He's bulky and loves working out all the time too. He's kinda obsessed with sports."

"Same, my dad's like that too," I smile at this similarity. "They should meet some day. They could be gym buddies."

"Yes," she agrees. "I'll tell him about it once I'm home."

"I'll tell mine too," I plan on doing and move back to eat some more of my snack.

•••

4:50 pm.

I step inside my house and leave my skateboard and bag against the wall on my right, take my shoes off, and pick my excited puppy up in my arms to hug him. "Hello, my little boy," I pamper him with petting and kiss his head, and I head towards my dad's office. I knock on the door, and once he gives me permission, I walk in.

"Hey," he greets me with a smile, and I return it. "Hey, I need to tell you something," I get closer to him and put Choco down. "I was skating and talking with y/n today, and she told me that her dad is like you because he likes working out all the time, and I told her that you should both meet and become gym buddies," I tell him everything right away, but he chuckles and takes his glasses off. "How did you get to talk about this?"

"We were all talking about gaining muscle and stuff, then I talked about you, and she told me about her dad," I explain but glance down at his desktop to grab one of Choco's toys. "I'm glad to see you both get along so well."