Prologue

3 years later

It's been 3 years since Elizabeth has graduated from college and went into medical school. Since then, she has been pushing herself beyond her limits to finish as one of the youngest trauma doctors known.

So far, she's doing good.

Since college, Elizabeth has moved in with her father. It was a better schedule for everyone involved (her grandfather, father, and herself).

But, she still spends so much time with her favorite Voight.

After the loss of Elizabeth Shay, things were dark for a while. Elizabeth and her father spent a good month in her beach house that was left for Elizabeth; truly healing from the passing of someone so close to them before returning to their lives in Chicago.

After Erin left, Elizabeth was there to pick up the pieces regarding Jay. It was hard for him, and he couldn't put on a brave face for even his poppy.

Her surrogate mother had hurt her surrogate father beyond disparity. And to know that he was about to propose to her just made everything worse

Eva came back to live with Antonio about a year ago. The girls are still close, but sometimes they get lost in how their lives have changed.

Léon and Elizabeth are still going strong. Every break from school that she gets, she spends it with him in Florida. While down there, she gets to know his family.

To say that they love her is an understatement. But who couldn't love Elizabeth Benson Severide Voight?

Elizabeth was hoping for a proposal soon from Leon, but for now, they both had promise rings, their Christmas gift to each other before they even graduated high school.

Elizabeth also has his class ring.

It didn't take Kelly and Cruz long to accept the relationship; nor did Boden. Cruz threaten his brother on a daily about taking care of Elizabeth, or he would kill him before Voight had a chance.

Hank, he was the one who took a while to adjust.

Elizabeth was his baby. Granted, she is older than Daniel, but she was his baby, and his princess. He only wanted the best for her and you can bet that Léon went through many interrogations before they were allowed to travel together.

If only Hank knew

The relationship with Sharon Goodin was still strained. But Elizabeth tried her best to keep the woman in the loop on her life. But never her love life.

Elizabeth had totally changed her life around, and she was ready to finish school and start a family of her own.

But, there were people coming into her life who could ruin it all. Especially when they mess with her father.