07: Love of My life

Elizabeth spent every free moment next to her love. Noah would wake up, she refused to believe anything else. They had to pups take care of.

Noah was making progress, and they expected him to wake up in his own time. Elizabeth knew it would be longer than her, seeing that he took more from the accident. She just prayed he wasn't badly injured. "Noah, you gotta wake up baby. Skip and Jay miss you. I miss you." Holding onto his hand, she refuses to let go.

Walking into the room, was none other than Hank Voight. "When did he propose?" Looking to her grandfather, then to the ring on her finger, "it's a promise ring. If it was a proposal my nails and hair would've been done by professionals. But he promised the night of the accident. We were going on a date and ice cream run on the way home."

Hearing the man groan, Elizabeth sees him start to move "Noah, stay calm baby" hitting his nurse button, Elizabeth stays right there until his nurse and Will come in. Watching him get unhooked from a few things, as well as given more, she sees his eyes go around the room looking for something.

One they meet hers, he calms down almost completely. As the nurse leaves, Elizabeth heads back to her spot. Looking to her uncle. "Can he talk? Why won't he talk?"

"I'm fine Bethie, promise" smiling to the one she adores, she knew he wasn't fine. But, she wouldn't push him nor his pride. She knew she had to get better to help her lover in his recovery. Kissing his forehead lightly, Elizabeth excuses herself so that his exam can be done. "I'll be right back, promise Noah"

Hank, fine to stay in the room, watches the man closely. He didn't know what his granddaughter saw in the man, but the same could be said about his late wife and him. He knew that Noah loved her unconditionally, and that was all that mattered.

"The people that attacked that night were after Elizabeth to get to her biological mother. It's being handled" as Noah looks to the older man, "good, I'll have someone look into it as well. Double the help won't hurt" not taking no for an answer, he waits to see if the sergeant would go against his plans.

Before either could say more, or Will needing to intervene, Elizabeth walks back in. "Maggie says you're all good to go if Halstead gives the last okay. It'll be to a safe house"

"It's fine. Voight caught me up with everything" feeling the hostility, Elizabeth looks to Will, and he and Hank leave the room. "How do you feel about it? Are you upset? I understand if you want to end things-"

"That ring on your finger means until the end of time. So, until the end of time baby. We'll always figure it out together. Now, let's talk about this safe house and if it's gonna be good for the dogs" helping Noah up, Elizabeth places his arm around her shoulder as they prepare to walk out. Jay had gathered all their belongs in the last hour, from the hospital as well as from Noah's house that they may need in the near future.

The most important was Noah's work stuff, Elizabeth's school material, and of course essentials to make the safe house theirs. Helping the man sit in the wheelchair, Elizabeth walks along side Will as he wheels Noah to the car waiting outside. She knew that many people had questions, but she wouldn't answer.

As she helps Noah sit in the passenger seat, and buckle, she places a blanket over him and gives him a challenging look to disagree with her.

Getting a 'good luck' from Will Halstead, Noah knows he's gonna need it. Elizabeth opens the back door and sees her babies. "Hi boys! Did you miss us!" Climbing in and giving the dogs some love, Elizabeth feeds them treats that she knows Noah wouldn't allow.

"Guess where we're going? Not to our home! People want to kidnap mommy!"

"Bethie!"