What's Yours is Ours

Fade in to Charon Research Complex 2C. A Fed approaches Carolina and Epsilon staring at the alien tower.

Fed Soldier 1: Agent Carolina, we've retrieved what appears to be a domed energy shield from within the complex.

Carolina: The bubble shield? Are you sure?

Fed Soldier 1: Uhh...

Cut to two Fed soldiers.

Fed Soldier 2: What's it do?

The other fed flicks the handle and activates the shield, knocking the soldier back. A scream is heard offscreen, followed by a clatter. Cut back to outside the complex.

Fed Soldier 1: Yeah, we're pretty sure.

Carolina: That's great. We can hook it up and start running some tests in a few hours.

Church: (turning to Carolina) Hey, whoawhoawhoa, slow down. What about the giant floating tower in the sky? Did you forget about that crazy bullshit?

Fed Soldier 1: What, the temple?

Carolina and Church turn to him.

Fed Soldier 1: (skeptical) That the aliens made?

Church: I'm sorry. What?

Carolina: You're familiar with that structure?

Fed Soldier 1: I- I mean I think most of us are, yeah.

Church: Alright, I'm gonna stop you right there. You're telling me that people on this planet are just used to seeing flying space shit like that?

Fed Soldier 1: Pretty much.

He turns to another Fed soldier walking by.

Fed Soldier 1: (shouts) Hey Randy! You 'ever seen one of those alien towers before?

Randy: (shouts) Oh yeah! My dad took me to one when I was a kid!

Fed Soldier 1: They're nice, right?

Randy: Oh yeah! They had funnel cake outside, too!

Fed Soldier 1: Oh, I remember that!

Randy: (chuckles as he walks off) Yeah. Good times.

Fed Soldier 1: (turns back to Carolina and Church) So yeah, I mean, pretty common.

Church: How is this not a bigger deal?

Fed Soldier 1: Well, come on, man. I mean, they've been around forever and they don't really do anything-

Church: (agitated) IT'S A GIANT FLYING TOWER!!

Fed Soldier 1: And you're a dead guy that's also somehow an AI, okay? That shit's weird too, but you don't hear me going on about it.

Carolina: Enough. Just secure the Freelancer equipment. Epsilon and I will be by in a few minutes.

Fed Soldier 1: (sighs as he walks back inside) Yes ma'am.

Cut to the two facing the mysterious alien temple.

Church: But I don't care what these guys say, those towers aren't some fucking tourist trap. They're important. Remember the tractor beams? At Crash Site Alpha? Charon is studying these things and making them do shit. That's bad.

Carolina: I get it. So, who would you say is our resident expert on alien technology?

Cut to Doctor Emily Grey squealing.