25. 𝗵𝗼𝗹𝘆 𝗺𝗼𝗹𝘆 𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗶

DARKNESS DANCED IN THE SKY AND HID THE SUN BEHIND BLACK CLOUDS. Westview looked familiar to the day Eszter arrived, tainting the happy go-to city of Westview, New Jersey, to a place no one would dare to cross. It was like evil lurked in the shadows, hiding from the curious gaze and creeping along the darkness, staying hidden. Something sprouted this cloud of darkness to spring up on Westview, rendering the residents whithering in fear, setting some with anger issues, and making people paranoid. 

     Wanda assumed the sun was finally laid to rest after a long day of sitting in the blue sky, keeping the earth warm and bright, wanting to switch places with the moon; however, the longer Wanda gazed up at the sky with wondering eyes, the more she was beginning to think something wasn't right.

     She and the twins planned the day to go for a walk, deeming it would be best for Sparky to stretch his legs. It was warm with a fresh breeze, so it was the perfect timing for Wanda to want to go outside. Wanda could only wish Eszter had tagged along, but she understands that her sister is still young and would rather spend time with her friends. This was Wanda's family, and sure, she wanted to spend time with her boys, but she would've loved it if her sister had tagged along.

     Whether Eszter joined or not, Wanda took this moment to be thankful for the life she created; Billy and Tommy were the light in her life, and she wanted to cherish every moment she possibly could. Wanda was confident her Hex would uphold whatever hit Hayward threw at it, but nothing would be able to penetrate the thick barrier of her powers. Westview is her new home, and she vowed to protect what's hers, and she was going to keep that promise.

     "Sparky, wait!" Billy yelped in surprise.

     "Sparky, no! Hold on!" Tommy shouted with a plea.

     Wanda blinked as she pushed her thoughts aside, focusing her attention on her twin boys when they were running up ahead, chasing their dog, who got loose from his leash. She didn't have time to react when Billy and Tommy were taking off, sending alarms through her head at the sight of her boys running from her. As a mother, Wanda's first instinct was to call for her boys.

     "Billy, Tommy! Stop!" Wanda broke out into a run, chasing after her boys in a hurry. Fear sunk in like a boat with a hole in the water, darting across the street; Wanda worries something might happen to her children, and they wouldn't have her to defend them. "Boys, wait for Mommy!"

     "Sparky, stop! Please!" Tommy cried. "Mom, hurry!"

     Having the advantage of being older and having longer legs and better speed, Wanda managed to catch up to the boys; quickly, Wanda reached out to the twins and gripped their shoulders, decreasing their speed until the three of them were huffing and puffing for air. Wanda caught her breath first, heaving her chest to relax her muscles and steady her heartbeat, calming her mind for the sake of her children. She doesn't want to crazy mom on them.

     "Boys! You can't just take off like that," scolded Wanda, sparing each twin a disappointing stare. They bowed their heads apologetically. "What something happened, and I wasn't there? What if you two got lost and I couldn't find you? You can't just do that."

     "We're sorry, Mom, but Sparky got loose," Billy showed the broken leash. He glanced at Tommy. "We just wanted to get him before he got too far, but . . ."

     The older twin sighed guiltily. "But we weren't fast enough," Tommy pouted as he looked up at Wanda with an apologetic gaze. He didn't mean to take off without warning, but Billy looked so distraught while Sparky was making an escape. "Mom, we have to find him."

     Wanda licked her lips and nodded, she couldn't deny her children to find their dog, but she still didn't appreciate them trying to run off without a heads up.