six

the next day, soobin was a bit embarrassed. he'd watch beomgyu from afar, too nervous and guilty to ask him to do work. obviously it was creepy. but hey, he's just awkward.

soobin had analyzed and observed beomgyu before, but he never really looked at him. beomgyu had brown hair that ended just above his circle glasses and a habit of pushing his hair back. though that was only when he wasn't clutching a clipboard tight to his chest, which was a weirder habit of his, soobin assumed. he wore a few bracelets and one dainty ring on his left pinky. his fingers long and his nails well taken care of. he was a few inches shorter than soobin, but soobin was very tall. he also had broad shoulders and a big, shiny smile that seemed the light up the room wherever he went. this was a really handsome and seemingly perfect boy. soobin had only noticed after embarrassing himself, of course.

beomgyu knew soobin was avoiding him. he also knew he was watching him like a creep. how petty can he get, seriously? he's my boss! he needs to grow up and face me. i know he can't do all the work himself. he thought constantly. he couldn't avoid him forever, though. beomgyu knocked on the door.

he was met with a 'come in' before opening the door and standing in it. "you've got a meeting with kang corp.'s ceo today, sir." soobin looked up with big eyes and his mouth opened up a bit, his top two teeth showing like a bunny. "o-oh, right. what time?" beomgyu checked his watch and adjusted his glasses. "at 3:45, about an hour and a half from now, sir." soobin nodded and pursed his lips. he didn't know what to say and just smiled awkwardly. beomgyu had only seen him smile sarcastically, or drunk. this smile wasn't even sincere either, it was only because he felt awkward. "are you going to come?" he asked. beomgyu tilted his head. "would you like me to?" soobin smiled again, nodding as beomgyu bowed before walking out. he huffed and rolled his eyes.

what, now he's gonna be all nice? i won't let this slide, seriously.

* * *

they were sitting at dinner with the ceo of kang corp. and his assistant, who happened to be his son. kang taehyun. they greeted and introduced themselves before getting down to business. they had interests in collaborating and possibly even merging in the future. "and what were our success rates again, beomgyu?" beomgyu looked at his clipboard and back at soobin with the biggest most exaggerated puppy eyes ever. "96.7, sir." he smiled and soobin nodded awkwardly before swallowing and continuing the conversation, stuttering. beomgyu had finally infiltrated the 60ft tall electric fence that was choi soobin and made him nervous. he smirked to himself as his leg was kicked a bit. he looked up at taehyun, who winked.

he slipped his shoe off and led his foot up and down gyu's leg, while still listening in and focusing on the meeting. beomgyu swallowed, a little uncomfortable. taehyun was cute - but he didn't know him. and even though he'd made out with that stranger yeonjun, he wasn't doing that again. he shifted in his seat and shook his head at taehyun. getting a shrug in response.

he scratched at soobins pant leg, trying to get his attention and failing. all soobin did was grab his hand and pull it away, continuing his conversation with the old man. taehyun was a weird kid. he was hot for beomgyu too. obviously. he dropped his fork and apologized, leaning under to pick it up. as he did so, he slid his hand along gyu's inner thigh with a smirk.

jeez, this kid.. what does he think he's doing? he might ruin this meeting! well, i might ruin it. i can't say anything.. he swallowed as taehyun kept going at gyu's legs, foot getting higher and higher until beomgyu got sick of it. he typed into his notes app before sorrily interrupting the conversation. "i'm so sorry to interrupt, but we just got this email, it seems important, sir."

kid touching me weird. what to do? soobin looked at him a bit confused and then back at the note. he then looked at taehyun who had all eyes on gyu. he cleared his throat and responded with a smile and a nod. "tell him to sit tight, and we can wrap that conversation up quick when we see him next." beomgyu smiled as well, putting his phone down and shifting in his seat as they conversed.

"well, it's been great meeting with you mr. kang. i hope to hear more from you in the future." they exchanged their goodbyes. beomgyu getting another wink from taehyun and a 'call me.' would he call him? no. absolutely not.

"what happened?" soobin asked, walking out with him. "nothing. just mr. kangs assistant. he kept like, touching my legs weird and stuff." beomgyu shrugged and the older looked over at him a little confused. "what? and you're so okay with it?" beomgyu looked up at him and he opened the car door. "i'm not, why would i be? i just wanted to make sure you'd secure the deal." soobin scoffed as he started the car. he shook his head, smiling. "you're a real businessman, beomgyu. if that happens again just let me know and i'll do my best to fix things, got it?"

beomgyu nodded at the kindness. hopefully he'd go back to his normal self the next day and it'd stop being so awkward between them.