nineteen

he laid on his back, staring at the ceiling in his bed. beomgyu had been up since he laid down and the sun was beginning to rise. what could've been keeping him up?

     he scratched at his cheek in confusion. it's morning? he thought, looking out the window with a sigh. after thinking for a few more minutes, he got up and walked into the kitchen to see kai asleep on the floor. he kicked at his side lightly. "hey. when did you get home?"

     "jeez. not even an are you okay?" kai scoffed as he picked at his fingernails, quite obviously hung over. "what'd you do last night?"

     "i met a boy, beomgyu." a smile formed on his face as beomgyu rushed to lay down next to him. "seriously?? tell me about him!" kai shook his head. "we were drunk, i doubt he remembers me anyway." beomgyu pursed his lips and looked down for a second. "did you get his phone number?"

kai looked up at him. "where's my phone?" beomgyu scoffed and sat upright as kai scrambled to find his phone. "how would i know?" he watched him look under cushions, in drawers, and laundry before finally finding it in his pocket. "damn it!"

he unlocked it and showed beomgyu the screen. "do you think this is him??" he shrugged. "ask, idiot."

you
helloooo
who is this? :)

xxx-xxx-xxxx
aw
we met at a club last night
you don't remember me?
that's a shame

you
no i remember!
i was just trying to make sure ^^

xxx-xxx-xxxx
good

you
i'm so sorry but i just can't remember ur name
remind me?

xxx-xxx-xxxx
kang taehyun
you're kai?

     "kang taehyun? that sounds so familiar." beomgyu tapped his chin as he sat criss-cross on the floor. he was next to kai, reading the texts. "i have dibs! don't go stealing him with that pretty face of yours, bitch."

     "no no! that's not what i meant. i just feel like i've met him before." he thought for a bit as kai continued to text him, eventually laying onto his back and kicking his legs up. "oh my god, beomgyu he's so flir-"

     "right! that kid! he's that kid!" kai sat back up with a pout. "what kid?"

     beomgyu looked him up and down before shaking his head. "it's nothing, i just met him once." kai squinted his eyes at him suspiciously before laying back down on the carpet. beomgyu's phone dinged.

worst boss ever choi soobin
Are you awake?

you
yup

worst boss ever choi soobin
Can we meet?

you
nope

worst boss over choi soobin
Why :(

you
goodbye soobin
todays my off day and i'm busy

worst boss ever choi soobin
Nooooo :(
But I wanna see you

you
you're being weird lol

worst boss ever choi soobin
How
I'm just being honest...

you
stop
bye

worst boss ever choi soobin
Aren't I supposed to do something today?

you
yup

worst boss ever choi soobin
You said I can't do it over text though.

you
whatever
i'll meet u later

worst boss ever choi soobin
Okay :)

beomgyu scoffed. "kai, he is being weird isn't he? like, what's with all the smiley faces and stuff?" he shook his head almost in disbelief as kai sighed. "why're you so mean to him?"

"me? mean to him? i am not!" he sat upright and kai sighed. "whatever, once you guys start acting all lovey dovey you'll understand. you'll regret it, i'm telling you." beomgyu scoffed and brushed it off. he turned off his phone and got up.

"kai, let's go get breakfast." he put his hands on his hips for kai to look up at him in disbelief. "breakfast? we have food here." he rolled his eyes. "get up, we're going." kai sighed and took beomgyu's hand to followed him out the door.

* * *

     "no, absolutely not." beomgyu grumbled as kai tried to drag him inside. "hey! you forced me to come here, we are not going all the way back home without getting some damn waffles." he pointed his finger rudely at beomgyu and scolded him, receiving a scoff and an eye-roll. "im sorry! im not going in there!"

     he crossed his arms. he didn't want to go in, because he saw soobin standing at the counter. they were standing at the side of the place arguing on why they should or shouldn't go in. "god, i thought you guys were good now! why can't you go in and say hi?"

     "because! i can't just say hi, then im gonna have to talk to him and eat with him and blah blah blah because he's like- like obsessed with me! and plus, you said i was being mean. and now i-i feel a little bad."

     "obsessed with you? gyu.. don't flatter y-" he stopped and looked up a bit as a smile formed on his face. gyu flicked his hands up in annoyance. "go ahead! say it! you little bit-"

     he stopped when he felt an arm fall around his shoulder. "it's okay, he's right." beomgyu looked up a bit awkwardly to see soobin, his dimples showing noticeably as he smiled. "h-he's right..?" beomgyu asked looking for clarification on what soobin said.

     "yeah, you're right beomgyu." he looked down at him with the same innocent smile and beomgyu swallowed. "weren't you guys going to get waffles?" kai nodded eagerly and hungrily as he walked behind soobin and beomgyu, who was completely lost.

     how long was that weirdo even listening? now i'm gonna have to third wheel. i should've listened and left when i could... kai thought as he practically trudged his way into the store.

     kai had managed to get beomgyu sitting next to soobin as he sat alone across from them. after plenty of whispers and pushing, he did it. it was pretty quiet except for the times that beomgyu would say "what're you doing?" when soobin would pick lint off of his shirt, or stop him from picking at his nails. it was so cute, but i guess beomgyu just wasn't having it. or maybe he loved it.