eight

beomgyu knocked on the open door to soobins office and cleared his throat. looking anywhere but at soobin as he clutched his clipboard tight. "good morning, sir. y-you've got six meetings today. the times are all in the email i sent you not long ago." soobin looked up from his work for just a second to nod at him. "thank you. i'll send you what i need you to get done today." beomgyu bowed before walking out into his own office.

he sat down and sighed at the light work load. he knew it was because of what happened the night before and it was embarrassing. he hated that soobin pitied him, and though it was nice to not have so much work, he wished soobin would just treat him normally. he was too immersed in his thoughts to prepare himself when he heard the knock. "come in." he groaned, tiredly.

he was leaning back in his chair with his hands behind his head, tie loosened and legs up on the desk. soobin looked him up and down. "uh, beomgyu?" beomgyu looked up at him, eyes widening once he realized. he quickly fumbled up, professional-izing himself with a few papers falling down from his quick movements. he frantically leaned down to get them and stand back up hastily, with messy hair and heavy breaths from panic. "are you okay?" soobin asked, barely holding back a chuckle. "y-yes sir! um, what did you n-need?" he asked, smiling.

it appeared that beomgyu's thoughts had dragged on very long, seeing as it was already lunchtime. "want to go with me?" beomgyu checked his watch and scratched his head. he thought for a second before grabbing his bag. "yeah sure, let's go." he followed him out going right back into his deep thought. soobin hadn't asked him to lunch since the second day, when he let him know he wasn't getting fired. so why was he doing it again? cuz he felt bad. beomgyu sighed in annoyance during the car ride, he almost wished soobin would go back to his normal terrible self.

     "beomgyu?" soobin leaned in front of him. beomgyu finally looked him in the eyes. "oh, sorry. are we here?" he looked around. it felt like he was on some other planet, so deep in thought all the time. he rushed out to open the door for soobin as they walked in. he sat down opposite of soobin and sighed, trying his best to stay aware of everything and make the most of soobin's good attitude.

* * soobin focus!! * *

     he looked the boy up and down, almost worried. he absolutely hated how beomgyu made him feel. the way he was so adorable for no reason was so annoying. soobin had always put up a wall towards the people around him. he had always pushed them away if anything were to get too serious, but with beomgyu it was different. not like things were getting serious, but it was just different. he didn't feel like pushing him away. he wanted to care for him and make sure he was okay 24/7. it just made it worse that he happened to be there when gyu was in trouble. that he was the one to help him and take him home to ensure his safety. it made him want to be the one to do that for him all the time.

     the thoughts he had about beomgyu, those little thoughts about them being together. they'd come up in the middle of work. he'd be so happy, but shut them down quickly. he didn't want to start something in himself. as if it hadn't already been started.

     whenever he'd think of beomgyu as more than his assistant, he'd pile work on the boy. just so that he would see him less and the thoughts would become less frequent. obviously it was wrong of him. but what else was he supposed to do? he couldn't have an office crush, and he didn't really want a crush at all. he wanted to live a mediocre life, working for his fathers company. no interest in getting married or falling in love if not for the business. could that really make him happy? obviously not. stupid soobin didn't give two shits about being happy. he was more focused on being the perfect son and perfect ceo. nothing could sway him, until beomgyu.

     he felt stupid for wavering so easily. he'd never really been in love before, despite being a grown man. but was he really in love? couldn't it have just been a hallway crush of some sort? maybe he just thought beomgyu was adorable. like a pet. a pet that he wanted to hold in his arms for the rest of his life to never let go.

     ( i jusr wanna be ur dooooggggg woof woof woof woof )

     either way, whatever it was needed to stop. he needed to get rid of whatever feelings he had towards beomgyu.

     and quick.