nine

beomgyu focus 💋

after lunch, everything changed. for the worse. beomgyu thought it was bad before, but god did he underestimate the boss. he had triple the work he had before. not just emails and papers, but meetings, scheduling, errands, banking, and every additional piece of work that should've been left to others. others who signed up to do them, not beomgyu. but he had to do it anyway. he had spent tons of sleepless nights at the office, getting worried calls from kai every time. he'd tell him to use a vacation day, but he couldn't. he wanted to save those for days he was really sick.

but he was getting sick, he didn't even know what day it was. he'd fall asleep in the middle of work and beat himself up about it for the rest of the day. the time he wasted on sleeping could've been used getting work done, and now he'd have to rush through it before the deadline.

god, soobin. that asshole. how could he? as if he wasn't harsh enough before. he piled that much work on him, and ignored him like he didn't exist. walking right past him in the halls. not asking him to lunch. no 'please' or 'thank you.' all he wanted was for soobin to chill out and treat gyu like a human, not some work robot.

he held his phone in between his ear and shoulder, eyes red and puffy above the dark circles that had formed a few nights ago. he spoke groggily over to phone to kai. "y-yeah sorry. i'll be home tonight once i get all this done."

"fuck beomgyu! you say that every time! i'm getting worried. when was the last time you slept?" beomgyu stuttered to answer while looking for the right papers. "i don't know. can i call you back? it's not a good time." he ignored kai's protests and hung up to get back to work. once he finally sent the last email, he rubbed his eyes and fixed his two day old suit to walk to soobins office.

he knocked, clipboard barely hanging on to his fingers as he looked down, half asleep already. "sir, i'm gonna go home now.. i-is that okay?" soobin sighed as he typed. "sure, whatever." he shooed the boy. beomgyu trudged out, barely making it to the parking garage. he texted kai that he was on his way, starting the car and driving.

once he arrived home, kai rushed to him. he grabbed him by the shoulders and looked all over him. brushing his hair away and putting his palm on his forehead. "you have a fever, go to sleep for christs sake.." he sighed, pushing beomgyu towards his bed in almost anger. he fell asleep the second his body hit the bed.

not for long, as his phone rang. he shot up to answer it. "y-yes?"

it was soobin. telling him he needed him to come back to the office and finish work. he got up and put his shoes on tiredly, kai came up to him. "where are you going now?" he asked in annoyance. "to work." kai grabbed his arm. "no, you're not. you're sick! he can't keep treating you like that! it's disgusting. you're a human and you need sleep." beomgyu smiled and shook his head. "it's fine."

kai sighed and shoved a few pills into beomgyu's hands before sending him back off to the office. it was late at night, and he was going to work with barely four hours of sleep in the past six days. nothing felt real. it felt like a dream. he had been dealing with a headache for a few days, and he could hardly hold himself up as his legs were aching. all because of that asshole soobin.

when he arrived, he was embarrassed to have everyone staring at him in his fatigued state, but didn't pay much attention. because he couldn't. his brain could only focus on a few things at a time. he walked past soobin and stopped to bow. "h-hi sir. where are you going?"

"home. please finish all the work by tomorrow morning. if it's not done, there'll be problems." he fixed beomgyu's collar with a tug as he walked away. beomgyu hated him. he was past the point of exhaustion and felt like dying. he cursed at the man as he stumbled into the elevator and to his office, flopping right down onto the seat and almost falling asleep but waking himself up quickly to start the work.

another night at the office begun. he felt sick. the pounding in his head and ringing in his ears got worse. he got up and fumbled through his bags to find the pills kai gave him and swallowed two, dry. sweat was racing down his neck and forehead. he was dizzy and it looked like the room was spinning. last thing he remembers is the ground moving quickly up to his face.