fifteen

soobin sat at his desk and stared off into space. he had a pile of papers to review and sign, but he just couldn't focus. he fiddled with his pen. clicking the top of it over and over and over again. "tomorrow at six.." he mumbled, eyes wide as he stared at nothing. he decided to stand up and get his head together.

     it was early in the morning and soobin hadn't gotten any work done. normally by that time, he'd have a huge amount of emails sent and piles of paperwork signed. but today, nothing. he just wasn't focused on that at all. his concentration was set on something else. but what?

     he paced around the room. repeating a few words under his breath. "at six... no no, that's not good." he shook his head and tapped the pen on his lips. he groaned and cursed before snatching a book off of the bookshelf, hoping that if he read it then he could stop thinking about whatever he was thinking about and get to work. but to no one's surprise, it didn't work. he bit at his fingernails while thinking about that 'tomorrow at six' thing. he heard a knock on the door and got up to go back to his desk.

     "come in." the door creaked open and a boy peeked through. "sir?" soobin looked up with a smile. "good morning, beomgyu." beomgyu smiled back and adjusted his glasses, a little awkward. he'd decided to come back to work despite every bit of him telling him not to. "we have a meeting in thirty minutes." he bowed before walking out. soobin put his head down on his desk. meeting? what meeting? was all this work for that meeting? i'm the ceo! i can't just not have it done! he shook his head and went into his computer. maybe it was abuse of power, but hey. anything is okay when you're the boss.

     he canceled the meeting and rescheduled it for the next week. who knows what that meeting was about. soobin didn't really care, though. he went back to thinking about the previous topic without the worry of work awaiting him. a few hours later, and he was grinning. he nodded to himself and slammed his hands on the desk to stand up. he looked at the clock and was surprised. 12:36? already? wow. he really put all his time into that thought.

     he knocked on beomgyu's door and smiled as the boy looked up. his glasses had slid to the tip of his nose and his hair was swept to the sides so his forehead was exposed. he stopped typing as he looked at soobin. "lunch?" beomgyu smiled before nodding and getting up.

     they walked together through the building and to the parking garage, getting into the car as soobin drove. "thanks for bringing me." beomgyu smiled again, getting another back from soobin. seems like a pretty 'smiley' day at work today..

     ( i'm never wanna smile smile smile )

     while driving, beomgyu's phone started to ring and he picked up. "oh, kai!" soobin looked over for a second, without much care as he continued driving. "er.. can we do it tomorrow? i have a lot of work. is six okay?" soobin looked over for a few seconds this time, his smile fading as beomgyu set plans for tomorrow at six. beomgyu let kai know that he was available and hung up. he turned his head and jumped a bit to see soobin staring at him.

     soobin whipped his head to look back at the road. "haha... w-what's with you?" beomgyu stuttered, scratching at his nape awkwardly. soobin laughed trying to think of how to answer beomgyu. he shrugged and parked the car at the restaurant.

     "so... um.." soobin tapped at the steering wheel as he thought of what to say to beomgyu, who was looking out the window quietly. soobin swallowed. "maybe i'm overstepping, but d-did you make plans for tomorrow? earlier?" beomgyu looked over at him with a confused look on his face. he nodded and puffed up his cheeks with air, thinking as to why soobin would ask that.

     "yeah, why? is there a lot of work tomorrow?" soobin cleared his throat and shifted in his seat. he didn't know what to say afterwards. "no.. w-well i was just thinking if um.. tomorrow we- y-you have plans tomorrow so it's whatever. never mind." beomgyu stared at him confused. he loved it when soobin would get nervous, the stuttering and squirming was adorable. it was nice to see emotion in that rude robotic man. but he liked knowing why he was nervous.

"is something wrong?" soobin itched his nose as he drove uncomfortably. he had a whole plan, and now it was ruined. now he'd have to make it up as he went. soobin didn't like that. soobin liked it when things were organized and perfect, spontaneous stuff did not appeal to him. "i just.. if i get rid of some work tonight, w-would you uh-" he swallowed and beomgyu sighed as a smile unintentionally formed on his face. he had an idea of what soobin wanted to ask, but he loved seeing him anxious and blushing.

soobin hid his ears in an itching manner as he could feel them getting hot and red. he stayed quiet for a second, tense and nervous. beomgyu waited for whatever the guy wanted to say. "are you going to finish? if you're not then-"

"can we go to a- a movie together? tonight? just for fun, i mean." beomgyu's smirk grew wider as he looked out the window blushing. his feet were wiggling in excitement and admiration as he thought about how adorable soobin seemed. "a date?" he asked, the older one's face going as red as it could, he swallowed and gripped tighter onto the steering wheel. "sure, a date."