ten

soobin slammed his hand on the steering wheel as he jerked it to the side and made a u-turn. he forgot his phone at the office. this upset him more than it should've, all because of beomgyu.

he felt bad for what he was doing to beomgyu. but at the same time, he was trying not to give a shit. he was damn good at making it look like it. he slammed the door and walked out into the building with anger and frustration, not bothering to bow at his coworkers as he marched to the elevator.

when he got up, he couldn't help but notice that beomgyu's seat was empty. he stopped and looked into the mysteriously open blinds of his office. those pesky feet of his started to move faster than his mind as he walked up to the door, opening it and peeking his head in. "beomgyu?"

he looked around in confusion at not seeing the boy. "beomgyuu?" the room seemed to be empty. he looked down and his eyes widened hugely to see a boy laid down on the floor behind the chair with a bag spilt out next to him. he rushed down and knelt next to him. "b-beomgyu? are you okay?" he panicked, lifting beomgyu's face and slapping him lightly. "what the fu- what do i- h-hospital." he snapped his fingers and wrapped beomgyu's arm around his shoulder, dragging him out the office.

"shit, this isn't fucking working!" he shouted out of frustration staring at beomgyu's feet dragging on the floor. he lifted him up bridal-style and raced into the elevator, tapping his foot and running out as soon as it opened and ignoring the stares. he drove him to the hospital.

    kai rushed to the hospital in anger and annoyance. he hated soobin for many reasons, despite never even having met him. the things he'd made beomgyu go through in the few weeks he'd been boss was crazy. beomgyu was just his assistant. there was no reason for him to be suffering the way he was. "is he okay?" he glared at soobin, who nodded meekly. "i'm sorry."

     "you're sorry? you're fucking sorry?" soobin looked down at his fingers, listening to kai sigh and shake his head. "i'm leaving. i have things to do. i swear to god if you leave him here, there'll be problems." he said, mocking him. he walked away as soobin sat down. he stared at beomgyu and pinched the skin in between his eyebrows.

     he was racking with guilt. the sight of beomgyu sick in a hospital bed and it being his fault had him terribly upset. obviously he was in the wrong. he was willing to sit in the hospital next to him for days to make up for it. as long as beomgyu would stay his assistant, he'd do anything.

but did he really want him as his assistant? wasn't that the problem? wasn't beomgyu being his assistant the reason he was so stressed? why didn't he fire him on the first day? he couldn't care less of the boys experience. he had just kept him for the fun of it. but boy, did that end poorly.

     beomgyu had slowly and tiredly opened his eyes, soobin sitting up. "beomgyu?" he shifted his head to look at bin, a frown forming. "sorry sir. i-i just felt a little tired during work," he sat up. "i'll be back to work tomorrow i p-promise." soobin sighed and pushed the boy back down. he rubbed his nose and looked down, hands on his knees as he sat. he was about to apologize.

     "just rest. a-and once you're okay you'll have to make up all the work you missed. so recover quick otherwise you'll have weeks worth of work piled on you."

     beomgyu swallowed and nodded, shutting his eyes and leaning his head back. he was relieved to at least have a short break. "thank you, sir." he sniffled and started to fall back asleep. soobin shook his head. in disbelief of what he just said to gyu. how could he say that? but at the same time, how could he not? he was already starting to waver towards the boy and seeing him hurt just made things worse. he didn't want things to get serious, as that could mess things up even more than they already were. he needed so badly to stay away from him. but his efforts were constantly unsuccessful, always landing him right back next to him.

* * *

beomgyu looked outside the window miserably. he had just finished all the work and soobin was about to email him some more. it was raining. the sky was dark gray and the trees were getting beaten down by wind and water. he sighed and picked at his fingers, wondering how it'd feel to stand in the rain in his suit.

he wanted to scream at soobin. he wanted to shout all the mean things he felt towards him right to his face. the exhaustion he felt after dealing with him was worse than mr. choi. he hated the men so much, both of them. he was fuming. yet he kept his cool and accepted whatever work soobin gave to him. beomgyu got up and knocked on soobins door. he opened up following the "come in."

"i'm sorry sir, but i'm gonna have to leave and come back in a bit. i need a break from this shit."