twelve

beomgyu laid in his bed on his phone. he'd been sitting there doing nothing since nine and it was currently three. kai walked in. "hey, why're you still in bed? it's way afternoon." he stood in front of him with his hands on his hips. beomgyu shrugged. "i'm tired." kai sighed and shook his head, sitting down next to beomgyu. "i'm gonna need you to get up and do something, ok? just because you've quit your job and have that thing with soobin now, doesn't mean you can just sit here all dead. everything's gonna be fine, it'll go back to normal in no time."

beomgyu cleared his throat and sat up. "ok, i will. in a little bit." kai nodded and got up to leave. the thing is, beomgyu wasn't just acting dead. he really felt sad. never sure about what, but he was sad. maybe it was because he had nothing to do all day, but wasn't that a blessing? he didn't have to cope with soobin and his mood swings anymore. so why was he sad? he pulled out his phone.

worst boss ever choi soobin
Did you get home ok?

worst boss ever choi soobin
Beomgyu?

worst boss ever choi soobin
I'm sorry.

worst boss ever choi soobin
I never meant to upset you.

worst boss ever choi soobin
Goodnight.

he rolled his eyes. why was that asshole spamming him? he had no right to be talking to gyu at all, considering how he'd treated him. first he was rude, then nice, then okay, then nice again, and after that he was a piece of shit, and to end things with a bang he was all of a sudden in love with him? how could that ever make sense?

     he hated that soobin was still texting him expecting a response. what could he even say? 'it's okay i forgive you for fucking me up in the brain and messing with my feelings.' absolutely not. he didn't want to forgive that horrible man at all. just thinking about him made his stomach ache. like butterflies, but the bad ones. "i miss mr. choi." he'd say, which was something he never thought would come out of his mouth.

    "beomgyu! get up! im going to the store, and you're coming with me." kai shouted. beomgyu groaned and sat up tiredly, glaring at kai as he walked in. "don't give me that look, let's go." he yanked him up and handed him a pair of shoes. "kai, i really appreciate this but i'm so tired and-" he was interrupted when kai started dragging him out the door and into the car.

* * *

      "how much more stuff is there to get?" beomgyu sighed, pushing the cart behind kai. "hey, you've never had to shop to keep us alive cuz you're always at work. i do this once a week! if you're gonna start being unemployed then you're gonna have to get used to it." he flicked him in the forehead before shoving random crap into the cart. while kai was in the aisle, beomgyu started to look off into space. he noticed a tall guy in a white tee and ripped jeans. he was looking at fruit.

     beomgyu tilted his head. he had never noticed the handsome men in his neighborhood. if this guy would just turn around.. beomgyu would see a possibly super attractive male and go up to him. he'd ask for his number and they'd talk, helping him forget about all the other issues in his life. turn around, turn around!

     (youth of may have me sobbing)

     he watched the man add a few things to his cart and turn around. his side profile being absolutely glorious!!!!!!!! beomgyu looked a bit closer and thought for a moment. he looked a little familiar, though he was too far to be sure. he left kai and the cart to go closer to him, walking in the next aisle. who knew hot guys existed in this crappy neighborhood? well, i guess there's me. he sighed and tried to look between shelves.

     failing, he gave up. beomgyu's plan was to just walk into the aisle the man was in and maybe bump into him, dropping a few things. they'd both lean down to pick it up and make eye contact, maybe even a hand touch. then he'd say "hi, i'm beomgyu." and after the man introduces himself, he asks for his number and all is well! beomgyu hyped himself up before slowly turning the corner.

     their height difference had caused beomgyu to walk right into the man's chest. following through, he dropped some random crap he'd snatched from the other aisle. "oh my god i'm so sorry i must've not been paying attention.." he bent down to pick up his stuff. the man didn't. he just stood there in front of beomgyu, like he was frozen. beomgyu rolled his eyes. he was annoyed that such a seemingly handsome guy could be so rude as to not help him. he stood up, looking down at his fingers. "sorry, again. b-but do you think i could-"

     "beomgyu..?" he said, as soon as gyu looked up to see the one man he didn't want to see, soobin. he blinked at him, not sure if he should be angry, shocked, sad, happy, or anything. this was exactly what he feared would happen. the reason he didn't wanna leave the house. because he knew if he were to see soobin, that crazy guy would do anything to get him to forgive him. which he wasn't planning on doing, at all.