Many years had passed and we're about to kill a monster. I looked up top to see where it was before hoping down with a rope as I swing myself to captain crow and my best friend Jacob.

"Still trying to show off huh delta?" Jacob teased.

I smirked "you know me, I'm always prepared for a fight." I walked up to him and punched his arm.

"We'll" we turned to see my mother walking up to us. "We passed rum pepper island it's heading for the drefmorr sea" my mother pulled out a bottle and drinks it as Jacob and I looked at her "if we're gonna do battle with the greatest and most terrible thing in the sea it's best not to wait after" she says handing me the bottle and I took it and drank it.

"There might not be an after" Jacob said taking the bottle away from me and drinks it.

"If we both survive this" I teased as I gently bumped his shoulders and he bumps mine in return.

Then one crew member on watch calls another hunting ship under attack. So the captain, Jacob, mom and I looked through Our own scopes to investigate.

"It's jim nicklebones' ship" the captain said.

"It looks like he's found a brickleback" I said.

"I'd say it found him" my mom said.

"We have to help him" Jacob suggested.

The captain shook his head "if Jim nickel bones were half the sea dog he says he is he wouldn't be a this mess" Jacob try's to talk him out about the code as the captain sighed "set new course"

Once we got closer we distracted the monster letting it know we're here to save the ship.

The fish was going crazy and the monster found it's way to attack us and I did what I could to block the beast.

"Delta Look out" Someone shouted. I turned to see part of the beasts as it flicks me in the sea .

I struggled to swim as the beast was near and tries to eat me but I avoid it as the inevitable comes closer.

I saw a spear as I went to grab it the beast flicks me up in the air giving me time to grab the spear and stab the beast in the heart killing it.

Then i took out my knife to cut the horns for a trophy as I was about to swim back up a tail caught my leg pulling me down and before I knew it I blacked out.