5

Later that evening I was
Watching the view of the sunset it's my routine every evening.

"You know it's rude to stare right?" I turned to see Jacob standing there blushing.

"I just wanted to check on you" he said walking up to me. "The evening is beautiful tonight"

"It is" I said. "I could watch this forever."

Then out of nowhere we heard a sharp Metal being sharpened we turned to see Maisie with a knife.

"I wonder if I might need something a little... larger"

"Where'd you get that knife?" I asked.

"You mom Sarah gave it to me" of course she did 'cause I'm a hunter now". Said Maisie.

"A hunter needs to go to bed" Jacob said.

"But I'm too awake to sleep I'm on the inevitable with captain crow then pictures in me books come to life and exacting bloody revenge"

I chuckled "go get your rest"

"Aye delta" she saluted before leaving us."

"Monsters we can handle but the kill will definitely be the death of us" Jacob said.

"You'll recall the hunters code binds us to all who come before and all who come after" I chuckled "I see a fire in her. Same fire I saw when I first met you"  I leaned beside him.

"In strange coming from you" he said leaning close to me.

"Am I wrong?"

"No"

Then out of nowhere we heard rumble from the ropes and seagulls coming the beast was here. We all got ready for battle.

"Delta" i turned to see Maisie standing in fear "what's going on"

"Maisie go back to your room" I said picking her and put her back in her room "stay away from the window" I said

Then we got the beast as it swam making a whirl pool it's about to take us down. I looked down to see Maisie cutting the lines.

I went down to stop her "what are you doing?"

"Saving the crew" she said "you'd do the same in Paige 72 delta sharpe child of Sarah sharpe would do anything they believe should be right even if it's to break orders" she's right it's something I would do it's going down to our death.

She cuts the line pulling us both overboard into the water. In the water I swam to her as she pointed at the beast just starting at us. Then disappeared in the water little creepy but gives us a chance to swim up for air.

"Delta, Maisie" I looked to see Jacob on a paddle boat as we swam to him and he helped us in. Then Jacob hugged me and I hugged back "don't scare me like that again!"

"Sorry" i apologized.

"Bring her to me" the captain shouted from the inevitable.

"What are you gonna do?" Jacob asked him.

"I said bring her to me!"

"She's just a child!" I shouted.

Then out of knowhere the beast came up and swallowed three of us.

Maisie holds on to my leg scared "are we gonna die in here?"

I looked at her and crouched at her level "no" then we heard a growl.

"We'll, yeah" Jacob said before I hit him "I'm sorry it's all nee territory for me"

"But you both hunted these things your hole life" Maisie said.

"We kill 'em lass. We don't study 'em I guess it's time to start"