4

I woke up in a carriage where crow was driving us my mother was right beside me. I noticed I was on some there's I looked up to see jacob looking at me.

"How long have you been starring" I asked.

He said nothing but looked away blushing then later we went to the king and queens with the horn of the monster I killed and and they talked about replacing hunters with soilders. Crow did not like that idea at all so he was gonna do something but Jacob convinced them to put each other to a test. The king and queen agrees.

Now we're on our way to catch the red bluster. As me, Jacob my mother and crow looked at a map.

"When we reach the dregmorr we'll follow the trenches." Crow said.

"We stay battle ready, clear decks, sharpened flints and fresh cartridge" mom said.

"The blisters hide will be plenty thick" I said. "Best to use the long spears"

"Then archers won't do any good but we've got plenty of carcass shot" I said.

"We'll hit it with fire then go for a sleigh ride that's the way with something like this"

Jacob and I looked at each other and noded.

"We're ready captain" I said.

"We'll take that red demon" Jacob adds.

The captain announced it to the crew as he announced that Jacob holland to be the next captain of the inevitable.

I hit him playfully knowing he deserves that roll "congratulations future captain"

He puts his arm around me "thanks delta. You know I would love to have you as my first mate what do you say?"

I was gonna say something  until I heard and "OW" coming from the barrels.

Jacob and I went to the barrels and he picked it up and opens it to reveal Maisie from yesterday.

"Maisie?!" I said in shock.

"You stowed away?" Jacob asked.

"I stowed away" she said.

I like this kid I  looked at Jacob "I'm keeping her"

"No you're not We're dropping you off at the nearest port we're going after the bluster we can't have a kid muking about" Jacob said.

"What's this?" Crow said walking towards us.

"The name is maisie brummle" Maisie goes off on him then the inevitable was the second greatest.

"Second greatest which then May I ask is the greatest?" the captain said.

"I'm partial to the monarch,for it's the ship me parents served on"

"Then they died heroes didn't they?"

"Aye"

The captain seems impressed "I like this kid she's all vinagar" then he as my mother take her somewhere she'll sleep in.

"She's gonna be the death of us" Jacob said.

I chuckled "I remembered the captain was like that with us when we were kids" I patted shu's shoulder before waking sways from him.