3

I heard a voice calling my name I began to see the light I thought I was on the other side until I saw Jacob in front of me.

I coughed out water as he helps me up and I looked to see everyone worried looks "I'm fine everyone" I looked up to Jacob "what happened"

"You we're lucky I found ya in the water otherwise you would've be alive" he said.

"Always there for the rescue" I teased. I could have sworn I saw him blush whe I said that.

Later in the evening I went to the nose of the ship and watch as the sun goes down and the waves moving and the windy breeze on my face.

I heard footsteps I turned and saw my mother walking up to me. I felt a little bad that I made her worry about me.

"Sorry i made you worry mom" I apologize.

"All you wanted to do was kill the beast. I was worried what would happen if you died but I'm greatful you're still alive today" she said putting her hand on my shoulder "just remember making the toughest decisions is a great sacrifice" she pats my shoulder before leaving me alone.

In the morning we head back home the captain is gonna meet the king and queen in the morning do tonight we're gonna have drinks. And music started playing and we began dancing through for a few minutes before I decided to sit down as Jacob follows.

"Tired of dancing?" I asked.

"Dancing is never fun without you" he said teasing me.

we both chuckled as we got up to get drinks as the window opens and revealed a little girl "hello" she said cheerfully. "Me names Maisie. Maisie brummle." She puts her hand out to shake.

"It's a pleasure to meet you" Jacob said shaking it.

"Pleasure" I said shaking hers next.

"And you're Jacob holland and delta sharpe who once killed four of them beasts in two days is it true you done that?"

I chuckled "don't believe everything you hear lass four in two days?"

"It was five" Jacob said winking at her before leaving to get another drink and pulling me with him.

Little did we know she was following us "I heard there was a time them beasts used to come right up to shore, pluck a lady right out of her veggie patch amd swallow her up." Then she walks in front of us "but not no more and it's cause of the hunters there's not a nobler profession I say I come from a long line of hunters meself"

"Is that so?" Jacob asked.

"Aye me parents were  lancers they served on the monarch."The monarch was one of the popular ships known to kill more than fifteen beasts in one day but the ship was taken down by the sea monsters there were no survivors "that's just the way of a hunter you live a great life and die  a great death."

Jacob looks at me before looking at Maisie signals her to follow us at the booth.

"So who's looking after you then?" I asked.

"I'm staying at a childrens home in guelson. Up the way except I ant staying exactly I'm on the run you see and I saint going back caus I'm joining your crew"

Jacob spits out his drink "oh no you ain't a hunting ship is no place for a kid. "

"But you joined when you were me she and look at you now you're a weapon against nature's darkest design it said in Paige 92" she shows us a book with a picture of Jacob with a spear

"Look kid I'm clever with a spear but I've been lucky more than once."

Then she tries to the captain but Jacob takes her to a carriage and I sat beside my mother.

"New friend delta?" My mom asked.

"Just some kid." I said drinking my beer.

"Ugh horrible things children"

"You can say that again" I said as my mother clicks her drink on mine as we all had the time of our lives.