Chapter 20 - The Beginning Of The End

The leaves of the forest gently blew in the warm breeze as the sun shone down glittering in the river. Adela walked along the banking watching the water flow past, remembering the stories of her mother.

She pulled her horse gently to a stop, slowly jumping from her perch. Lowering down the the ground she edged over to a bush peering through the leave.

A group of Morgana's men were gathered around a small fire. Adela felt the angry roaring through her body ready to explode. Emerging from the shrub she held her hand out picking up one of the men with the rage. The other soldiers flew through the air, bouncing of the trees that surrounded them, landing in a heap at their roots.

"Where is Morgana?" Adela question looking up the man dangling in the air.

"I..don't..know," the soldier struggling to talk. "Even ..if I ..did I wouldn't... tell you,"

Adela glared at the man, filling with more anger. She pulled her hand down to her side, the man shot through the sky landing in the river. Adela walked over to the river watching the man struggle.

"One last chance," Adela smirked. Holding her hand up again she pulled the man just above to surface.

"I know you know," Adela angrily spoke, crouching down towards the soldiers eye level.

"I would rather die," her replied, not daring to speak another word.

"So be it," Adela scowled. Her eyes filled with rage sending the man back under the water. He struggled trying to pull way from the dark energy, screaming for help. Not being able to reach the surface his body suddenly went limp. He was gone.

Adela lowered her hand back to her side, standing up watching the mans body beginning to float down the rapids. Taking a deep breath looking around making sure no one was watching, before returning to her horse. Climbing back on she kicked  into a gallop, continuing on, down the woodland path.

********

Back in the citadel, the people began to grow fearful of the news happening in the kingdom. The streets weren't as busy as usual, the people only going out for their essentials.

Guinevere sat in the throne in the small council chambers, with all the knights and council gathered for a midday patrol report.

"That's another camp of Morgana's men was found," Leon began to address the council. "No one survived, it's the same pattern," he looked towards Nyx, who was sitting an a wooden chair cradling his child, with sad eyes.

Guinevere lowered her head in thought. "Do you think it's Princess Adelaide?"

Leon nodded, looking back to his queen. "She's filled with rage. She's going after Morgana."

"She wanted revenge," the quiet voice of Percival came from the back of the room. He edged forward with great sadness in his face. "She wants to find Morgana, look at her the day she left, she's angry and scared. We need to follow this trail, we need to bring her home,"

"As much as I want to, we can't simply bring her home," Guinevere began, "what about this prophecy, she could be Camelots doom,"

"What would Arthur do? He wouldn't just leave her out there," Percival protested, "I promised I would protect her, I never break my promises! With respect, I will be going after her. I'm bring her back to Camelot. I will go on my own if I have to but I'm bring back my wife, Our Princess."

The knights nodded, "M'lady, let us at least try," Gwaine spoke, agreeing with his close friend.

The queen nodded to the knights. "Your right, Arthur wouldn't rest until he found her. Find her and report, if she's a danger to Camelot she can't come back,"