Chapter 12 - A Moon Lit Walk

The moon glowed onto the cold water of the lake, leaving behind its reflection. The wind danced through the trees, gently and calmly, just a simple breeze. The water of the lake rippled as the wind bounced over, the mountains in the distance lit up from the moonlight. And the castle, the majestic citadel, standing proud, making the landscape complete. The most perfect picture of Camelot.

Coming out of the trees, the noble knight and lady of Camelot, made their way down to the edge of the water. The whiteness of her face looked like the soft snow in winter. Her long emerald green dress contrasted with her skin outlining her figure. The tips of her leather boots peered out from the bottom of her dress.

The Knight's arm wrapped around her waist, and holding her close to her side. His blood red cloak floating down his back, dragging it behind, along the darkened out green grass. His sword strapped round his waist in his belt, ready for emergency. Together they walked in the moon light around the lit up lake.

"It is so beautiful here at night," Nyx said as she looked out at the lake. Leon smiled down at her. He stopped her and spun her round into his chest.

"Yes it is. But isn't as beautiful as you," Leon replied, looking down into his wives eyes. Leaning down he kissed her lips and gently wrapped his arms around her. After their passionate embrace, they sat in the moonlight.

******

The moonlight shone down through the opened up window, resting on the face of Camelot's heir. The gentle wind blew in though the window,lifting the thin curtains of the floor and dance in the air.

Adela lay on the huge bed in the big chamber, her face pale and lifeless and her body curled up into a ball, taking up only a little amount of space. With worried eyes, and arms around her keeping her warm and trying to make her feel safe, Percival watched her as she slept right in at his chest. Under his watchful eye, nobody would hurt her.

"I will find who did this to you," He whispered into his wife's ear, "Who ever it is will pay for it. No one will hurt you and get away with it,"

Her eyes flickered open, hearing his promising words, and turning around in his arms. She looked up to him with pain in her eyes, and tears beginning to for.

"I'm sorry," Adela said muffled and scared of what may happen, burrowing into his chest hiding from his gaze.

"Adela, there is nothing to be sorry for, someone hurt you, not the other way round," Percival replied, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her head. "I promise I will protect you,"

The room was silent, only the faint breathing of Adela and Percival could be heard. Until the chamber door flew open hitting off the cupboard the stood behind. The sound of an armoured man came running through.

Percival reached over the side of the bed, grabbing his sword. Adela had already jumped out of the bed and was grabbing her sword. Percival rolled back over getting out the bed at the same side as Adela. With his spare hand holding his wife's, in to his side.

"ADELA, ADELA, I AM SO SORR...." Gwaine shouted coming into view and stopping the moment he saw Percival, his eyes widened, "Percival...I thought you were on patrol?"

"Why are you sorry,"Percival replied confused. He could feel Adela going numb watching her sword fall out her hand crashing onto the floor, "Adela, at you ok,"

"Get out...NOW," She screamed at Gwaine. She reached over the Percival's sword grabbing it out of his hand holding it up to the knight. He stepped back slightly, taken away by hear scream.

"Adela, it is Gwaine. Have you had a fight or something," Percival asked worried about Adela and the safety of him and Gwaine.

Gwaine looked to the ground, before looking up into Percival confused gaze. Adela began to shake crumbling to the ground.

"It was me, I was the reason Adela was crying, I had been down in the tavern, and I had been having a bad day and ...." Gwaine said giltily.

"Wait, what happened?" Percival replied looking more worried.

"I kissed your wife, Percival. I ..I regret it completely," Gwaine said looking to the ground.

Percival became more angry snatched the sword back from Adela and charged at the helpless knight. Gwaine managed in time to draw his sword blocking Percival from hitting him. Percival pushed him to the side making him fall to the ground and losing his sword. Taking his sword he swung overhead towards Gwaine. Rolling out the way he made a move for the servants door managing to escape from the chamber.

"GUARDS," Percival shouted out the chamber, and within seconds two guards ran into the chamber, "Find the King and tell him I know who it was that hurt Adela, and we need to find him fast. Tell him ..." he shook his head, "Tell him, it was Sir Gwaine."

The guards nodded and ran out the door to the King. Percival turned to see Adela in the corner of the room with her head in her knees, and her hands round her head, rocking back and forth. Sitting down next to her, he pulled her into his chest.

"Adela you should have told me," Percival said calming down a bit. Pressing his lips against her head.

"I was scared of what would happen to us, I am sorry," Adela replied into her knees, hiding her tears. "He was talking about my mother and I went to leave to find you ... and ..." she couldn't say the rest.

"Adela, don't cry. It was not your fault, he will be dealt with," Percival comforted.

"I wanted to tell you, I wanted to so bad," Adela continued to say, crying into his side.

Percival pulled her lifeless body onto his lap, hoping she would tire and slowly drift off to sleep. As began she calmed the sound of someone running in came loudly through the chamber.

"Is she alright?" Arthur asked petrified. Percival nodded and unravelled his arms from around Adela letting her father see her. She turned her head to see the worried look in her fathers face, Adela let out more tears. She got up and ran into open arms.

Arthur picked up his daughter placing her in her bed. He wrapped the bed sheets round her., making sure she was warm, then sitting down next to her. Percival walked round the bed and leaned onto one of the stone pillars leading to the ceiling.

"Do you remember when you were a little girl, every night I would tuck you into bed and tell you stories of the quests I went on," Arthur said as he watched Adela slowly drift off to sleep. Adela slightly nodded as her eyes closed and fell asleep.

"You will always be my little girl," Arthur whispered as he leaned down and kissed her forehead. He got up off the bed and walked over to Percival who was still watching her, "I know you will look after her. Make sure that you do,"

"I made you the promise I would look after her, she's safe with me," Percival acknowledged.

"I'm sorry for doubting you at first," Arthur said, "I realise how much you care and adore her, and her you. Thank you,"

Percival nodded as he watched his king leave the room. He turned back to look at his wife sleeping peacefully. He walked over to the edge of the bed, leaned down kissing her cheek.

***********************************