Chapter 10 - Dirty Little Liar

Resting her head in her hands, Nixie sat on the cold steps that led down to the cobblestone courtyard, watching the knights and guards as they walked through the square on duty, as well as the servants that were carrying dirt and clean clothes to and from the kitchens. Camelot was such a busy place. Not always like how it was when she first arrived in Camelot.

She watched the King walk into the square nodding to some knights as he walked passed, "You did well today Nixie,"

"Thank you, my lord," she replied watching him wander past and in the door, making his way through the castle.

"MERLIN!" Nixie giggled as she heard her uncle screaming for his manservant.

Nixie got up and bounced down the remaining steps and made her way out the courtyard. Ducking under the gate house, she walked out to see the people of Camelot filling the main street of the city. Nobody else could fit down the street.

All buying from the colourful market stands and watching the street performers, dancing and jumping around. Maybe it was always like, the day she arrived, always a happy and cheerful atmosphere.

She turned to see the large training area, where all the knights were sat in a sort of circle, talking and laughing among themselves.

Nyx wore a long golden dress sat right in at Leon's side, with Elyan's head resting on the bottom of her dress. She was still wearing her brown boots which stuck out of the bottom of the dress, lying lifeless on the ground.

Adela was lying down in the long green grass, with the skirt of her dress spread out and her head resting on Percival's lap. Her heeled shoes sat comfortably on Mordred's crossed legs and his hands resting on top.

Gwaine was face planting the ground and when he spoke to the others would just simply lift his head and then place it back down on the ground. She noticed that he would often looking over at Adela, when Percival turned to look at him, he would look away.
Lancelot sat next to him cross legged like Mordred sharpening his sword with the steel Adela had been using.

Nixie watched them, they were all such good friends. Her eyes filled with the pictures of them laughing, smiling and joking around, making her smile. Her attention turned to Adela who was looking over at her, with a small smile on her face, Nixie smiled and nodded as she turned to walk away.

"Nixie! Come join us," Adela shouted over, with her hands pushing her up to sit, then lying back down onto Percival.

Nixie slowly walked over and sat down next to Lancelot, who smiled and put the steel and his sword down, to sit properly. She smiled back, blushing a little and then turning away, to see a cocky 'I know what is going on here' face on Adela looking straight at Nixie.

"Don't look at me like that. It is freaking me out," Nixie said through her mind at the princess who was giggling away to herself.

All the knights in the circle looked at them to see what the look was, and once seeing it looking over towards Nixie. Looking very uncomfortable, Nixie tried to hide her face from them.

Seeing her putting her head onto her knees, Adela managed to catch the attention of Percival by beginning to unbuckle his chain mail and taking it off leaving him in his baggy shirt. Nyx did the same to Leon managing to get him on his back and lie on top of him.

****

After sitting out in the sun, laughing and joking around, it began to get darker. The sun began to get covered up by thick black clouds, looking like a thunder storm was paying the city a visit.

As it slowly begin to start raining, Percival picked up his armour throwing it over his shoulder and then picking up Adela effortlessly and taking her down the grassy hill towards the gate house, followed by Leon with Nyx over his shoulder and talking to Elyan.