34 ... loved by you

my best
friends brother
34

blair

"Okay, what if I send her clues or hints?"

"Are you evening listening to me?" I fold my arms at Aiden. He just lay there smiling at me while rubbing and squeezing the side of my thigh like an idiot. I was sitting crisscrossed in front of him on my bed. "Mhm," He tries to assure me, nodding and I roll my eyes.

"Then help me," I whine and he pinched my thigh softly, leaning over to lay his head in my lap. I pout down at him and play with his curls because I couldn't help it. "Relax baby," He kisses my thigh.

"I can't relax, my stomach has anxiety."

He begins rubbing my stomach and I blow out a breath. His love language was everything.

"Send her hints?"

"Yeah, what if I hint how I've been crushing on this guy lately? She'll want to know but I'll tell her I can't because she might hate me, blah blah. Or is that bad?"

"Anything you come up with, I'm onboard baby."

I could punch him in the face.

"You can't just do that!"

"Do what?" He laughs and I slap his chest.

"You can't agree on everything I suggest just to keep my approval or something," I glare softly at him.

"I need your input on this too."

"Okay, okay. What if I tell her? She's my sister and if she's mad, she'll take her anger out on me. I still have the scar on my arm from her burning me with a hot comb," He lifts his shirt sleeve to show me the mark on his arm near his elbow. I chuckle before frowning.

"She's terrifying."

"She is but never to you. I promise you she'd go to jail for you, baby. I shouldn't tell you not to worry, but I get it now. But if you just rip the bandaid off and deal with the outcome, the quicker this will all be over with." I knew he was right. I'm just stalling at this point.

"What if she thinks you're taking me from her?"

"She's a big girl and she can't have you all to herself. You're not an object. She's just going to have to deal."

Another fair point. But Dylan is my best friend practically since birth. If I were to ever lose her, I wouldn't want it to be like this. Another part of me is dreaming that she'll accept it. Who knows? Maybe Aidan and I will make it and if we ever get married, Dylan and I would be sisters. She would love that.

I'd love that.

But I didn't want to think about this anymore.

"Can I ask you something?" Another topic popped into my head. "Anything," Aiden smiles up at me.

"What's with you and Hayden?"

He frowns slightly. "Absolutely nothing."

I believed him obviously.