24 ... that one girl

my best
friends brother
24

blair

"I'm going to bust my ass, I'm going to bust my ass for sure," Is what murmured under my breath.

After IHOP, we still had 45 minutes left to kill. Since we couldn't go anywhere further than IHOP because school is five minutes away and we wanted to get back on time. Aiden decided to teach me how to skate. On an actual board.

It was either this or sit in IHOP for an extra 45 minutes. I couldn't do it. I would get hungry again.

So skateboarding it was. I've always wanted to learn but I was always too afraid. As a kid, Aiden learned how to skate from his older cousin on his dad's side who has been in many skateboarding competitions.

He makes it look so easy. All you have to do is put one foot on the board, the other on the ground, and ride it like a scooter. Skateboarding is basically like riding a scooter with no breaks or Handlebars.

How is it THIS hard?

"I'm going to die!" I squeaked as I caught Aiden about to let go of me. I jumped into his arms, the board rolling a few feet away hitting a brick wall.

"Blair, you're not going to die," He sighed.

"Don't sigh at me. I'm trying," I glared.

"Yeah yeah. Come on you big baby," He rolled his eyes playfully and walked over to grab the board.

I was still in his arms, wrapped around him like a koala bear. "Ready to try again?" He asked.

I shook my head rapidly.

"Come on. I promise I won't let you DiE as you dramatically put it," I rolled my eyes and continued to hang onto him stubbornly. "No," I whined.

"Please? For me? I'm a great teacher," he pouted.

"You were about to let me go without warning!" He chuckled at my facial expression and wrapped his arms underneath my thighs, holding me upright.

"I unexpectedly learned it that way," He shrugged.

"And I was going to unexpectedly die that way."

Squeezing my thighs, Aiden kissed my lips.

"One more try, I promise."

"Fine you dick," I replied and he gasped dramatically at my words and sat me down on my own two feet.

"Such language."

"You wanna hear some real language?" I arched my eyebrows. He shook his head, "Didn't think so."

Steadily, Aiden held the board in place with one foot and placed his hands out to help me. Taking a deep breath, I grabbed his hands firmly and carefully stepped on.

The board wobbled and before I could bitch out and jump off, Aiden smoothly wrapped his arms around my waist. He then slowly began to push me.

"Now one foot out. I'm going to let you go."

"Wait!" He grabbed me off the board and I turned around and stood on my tippy toes.