7 ... home alone , with aiden

my best
friends brother
7

blair

"Hello, my amazing children!" I hold my arms out, preparing for impact again. Seconds later I'm on the ground with all of the children on top of me.

"Blair!" They all yelled excitedly.

"You came back," Lana looked at me, a smile on her one and a spark in her eye. "Told you I'd come back," I said, moving her strands of hair away from her face.

"Can you play with us for a while?" Cameron asked, standing on his tiptoes and grinning from ear to ear.

"Ugh, I wish I could guys but I can't. I have to get home but I promise I'll come over for the weekend and we can tire ourselves out."

All of them pouted before nodding sadly. Ugh, I hate it when they're sad. As everyone went back to playing around, Lana grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the playroom and into the hall.

"It felt weird when I woke up and you weren't here," She said sadly and I frowned, wrapping my arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to me.

"I know. It felt weird when I rode past the route here," I moved some of her long hair away from
her face and smiled down at her.

Lana is honestly like a little sister to me. It's something about her that makes her special to me. I felt it the first day I started here at the orphanage. It's weird because everyone said that she is very shy around new people and it takes her a while before she starts warming up to you, but it only took her 2 days with me.

Maybe I just have that effect of kids.

That makes me happy because now I know maybe one day, in the future me and my kid will get along well and I honestly can't wait for that day to come.

"Blair?" I voice echoed from down the hall, breaking me away from my thoughts.

"Hey Hen," I smiled just as Henry reached Lana and I. He smiled brightly at me, almost jumping into my arms even though he's about my height.

"What are you doing here? I mean, I'm happy your here, but I-I thought-"

"I'm still going to be here to visit," I chuckled at his flushed faced and pinched his cheek making him turn even redder.

"I can't watch this, Just tell her the truth!" Lana said, folding her arms and glaring at Henry.

"No! L-Lana shut up!"

"Tell me what?" My eyes moved back and forth confusingly.

"Nothing!" He almost yelled and I was taken back and still very confused.

"I'm just going to pretend this never happened. Where are Clare, Lacy, and Jake?"

Henry sighed in relief before speaking, "Watching tv in Sadie's office."

"Jack-Jack?"

"Sleep in Lacy's arms," I nodded my head, understanding and sighed knowing that everyone is safe inside.