5 ... school

my best
friends brother
5

blair

"Blair, wake up," A voice spoke softly into my ear. I scrunch my face up and squirm around.

"Come on kiddo, time to wake up," It was my dad. He patted my ankle and I felt the side of my bed level back up. Me thinking he left, I try falling back to sleep or at least try to get five more minutes.

That was until I heard the sound of the curtains and blinds moving around. I whine as I felt coldness touch my bare skin from the lack of covers which my dad snatched off of me.

"School time!"

Ew, two words I was not looking forward to hearing anytime soon. Noooo! I'm really tired and just want to stay in bed all day.

Maybe if I play dead he won't-

"Don't try playing dead, you've tried that once before and almost killed me," I groan against my soft pillow before slamming my head against the fabric repeatedly.

"Dad! No, five more minutes," I feel around my bed trying to find the covers but I groan when I realize they are most likely on the floor.

This isn't my first rodeo.

"I gave you five minutes ten minutes ago, let's go," He grabbed both of my wrists and pulled me up. I fell back down and he continued to pull me up.

"Okay fine, we'll do this my way," He mumbled, grabbing me by the back of my legs and lifted me up over his shoulder. I knew what was about to happen but I still wrapped my arms around his neck feeling warm.

"You know what's about to happen, right?"

"Mhm, but you are warm," I weakly smiled, my eyes still closed.

After a few seconds, I was sat down on the toilet seat and I screeched, opening my eyes and jumping up immediately. "Gosh, that's cold!" I rubbed the back of my thighs.

"Oh look she lives," My dad joked and I rolled my eyes. "Be down in 20," He told me before leaving the bathroom.

"Can you at least make some pancakes?!" I peeked my head out the door and yelled down the hall.

"Only if you get down here on time!" He yelled back and I groan. "Fucking hell," I murmured and began my morning bathroom routine.

~ ~ ~

Waving one more time at my dad as he drove down the street, I huff out a breath and turn around facing the building of Lincoln high. The lawn is crowded with students, some from last year and some new kids. I spotted a few faces I knew personally and gave them a wave.

A lot of eyes were on me. Some of the girls gave me a smile, others didn't look so happy to see me. Boys smirked at me and I rolled my eyes hard, giving them both middle fingers.

Yup, not much has changed.

"Blair, just the girl I wanted to see," I rolled my eyes for the fifth time today. An arm wrapped around my shoulders, pulling me closer to their chest.