Chapter - 4

Third person's pov:

When Sana got home, she decided to make bibimbap for dinner. Being a daughter of Japanese mother and Korean father (AN: Lets assume Minatozaki is an Korean name), she had to learn both cultures. It was a long process, and it would keep her busy. While she was simmering the onions and chilies, the phone rang. She was almost afraid to answer it, but it might be her father or her mom.

It was Jihyo, and she was jubilant; Mark had caught her after school to accept her invitation. Sana celebrated with her briefly while she stirred. Jihyo had to go, she wanted to call Min and Suzy to tell them. Sana suggested - with casual innocence - that maybe Min, the shy girl who had Biology with her, could ask Jb. And Suzy, a standoffish girl who had always ignored her at the lunch table, could ask Chan; Sana'd heard he was still available. Jihyo thought that was a great idea. Now that Jihyo was sure of Mark, she actually sounded sincere when she said she wished Sana would go to the dance. Sana gave her my Incheon excuse.

After Sana hung up, she tried to concentrate on dinner. She didn't want to take another trip to the emergency room. But her head was spinning, trying to analyze every word Tzuyu had spoken today. 'What did he mean, it was better if we weren't friends?' Sana's stomach twisted as she realized what he must have meant. Tzuyu must see how absorbed she was by him; 'he must not want to lead me on... so we couldn't even be friends... because he wasn't interested in me at all. Of course he wasn't interested in me.' Sana thought angrily, her eyes stinging - a delayed reaction to the onions. She wasn't interesting. And he was. Interesting... and brilliant... and mysterious... and perfect... and beautiful... and possibly able to lift full-sized vans with one hand.

'Well, that was fine. I could leave him alone. I would leave him alone. I would get through my self-imposed sentence, and then hopefully some school, or possibly Hawaii, would offer me a scholarship.' Sana focused her thoughts on sunny beaches and palm trees.

Mr. Minatozaki seemed suspicious when he came home and smelled the green peppers. She couldn't blame him. But he was a cop, even if just a small-town cop, so he was brave enough to take the first bite. He seemed to like it. It was fun to watch as he slowly began trusting her in the kitchen.

"Appa?" Sana asked when he was almost done.

"Yeah, Sana?"

"Um, I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to Incheon for the day a week from Saturday... if that's okay?" Sana didn't want to ask permission - it set a bad precedent - but she felt rude, so she tacked it on at the end.

"Why?" He sounded surprised, as if he were unable to imagine something that Dobong-gu. couldn't offer.

"Well, I wanted to get few books - the library here is pretty limited - and maybe look at some clothes." Sana had more money than she was used to having, since, thanks to her father, she hadn't had to pay for a car. Not that the truck didn't cost her quite a bit in the gas department.

"That truck probably doesn't get very good gas mileage," he said, echoing her thoughts.

"Are you going all by yourself?" he asked, and Sana couldn't tell if he was suspicious she had a secret boyfriend or just worried about car trouble.

"Yes."

"Incheon is a big city - you could get lost," he fretted.

"Appa, Osaka is five times the size of Incheon - and I can read a map, don't worry about it."

"Do you want me to come with you?" Sana tried to be crafty as she hid her horror.

"That's all right, Appa, I'll probably just be in dressing rooms all day - very boring."